HDMI-CEC for devices that do not support it? (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I have a Philips TV with HDMI-CEC and RF remote.
I have a Mediaportal PC with HDMI-CEC Support through the Puls-Eight USB-HDMI-CEC device.
I have a Onkyo receiver with HDMI-CEC.

So these device work rather well together using one remote (the Philips one), not perfect, still a lot to improve, I agree but:
I have an Xbox and TV STB that do not support HDMI-CEC what so ever. I know the XBox One will, and here is hoping that it also listens to HDMI-CEC, but I think I am wasting time to wait for my STB to support it.

So I was thinking; is there any device that I can teach IR commands with an IR blaster to stick on my STB so that it at least listens to HDMI-CEC commands?
So my TV sends the power-on HDMI command and the HDMI-CEC to IR blaster than is capable of blasting the IR toggle power command for my STB?

Anyone know of such an device? I can find some IR - HDMI - IR devices but they are not capable of learing the IR commands.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

You could use a mixture of IRSS and the HDMI-CEC plugins together. This will give you CEC and IR blasting - with your HTPC bridging the technologies

J.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Then I would loose a large amount of remote functionality from the HTPC since I do not think I can let the IRSS or other similar tools detect what HDMI port my receiver is listening at to determine what commands to send to what blaster. Besides my HTPC is in standby when not the source, that is one of the cool things the current setup does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom