hdmi no audio (1 Viewer)

mrdata123

Portal Member
July 10, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i have recently finished my htpc and installed a graphics card nvidia 8600, it has a hdmi socket on it, when i connect this to my hdmi telly, get video signal okay but no audio, get poping or crackling, but no audio what so ever.. i have tried new drivers, updated, patches, installed both xp and vista perm.. no joy same issue, i have a celeron 3.06 d processor, xp service pack 2 only way at this moment in time to get sound is remove the hdmi cable fit a dvi cable for picture and use my dolby amp for the sound out, but i would like to get the sound issue on the hdmi sorted out any one got any ideas or has come across issue befor please advise........:D

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
sorry to say the card will not output sound, video only.

Some cards do have SPDIF input which can connect to your sound card to allow the graphics card HDMI to also carry sound - not sure if your card is one of these.

Only option would be to connect your sound card output to the TV...if you TV allows that.

Trevor

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The 8600 should have a spdif out, its a black 4 pin conntector, and your card should have
    came with a cable if it has it

mrdata123

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    I have a seperate little card which has hdtv which looks like it needs a dim plug with pins in it or another spdif socket which looks like a jack plug fitting i have tried that one before and got no joy i also have a spidf out put on my setup . Does the spidf connector go into a normal rl channel or douse it have to go through something with a digital output..

thanks for all you help on this been chasing my tail for a while

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    What exact card do you have???

If you tell us that we can find out for sure if your card supports it

mrdata123

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Sorry it is a nvidia card but it is badged under
    Point Of View 8600GT Low Profile 256MB DDR3 128bit DVI HDMI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card it has a little board with hdcp and spdif on it as well it is a nvidia card as this is where the updated drivers from the card come from....
    :D

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    What does the manual say about spdif in for the hdmi

the companys website dont even have any info listed there for the card

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should also make shure that between Card and TV HDMI-Mode is comitted. Try to find out at TV if the TV reports HDMI at his input if not Card will send no Audio anyway.

Some cards need an extra driver for HDMI-Audio. Make shure if it is so with your card.

mrdata123

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    the manual does not say much about the spidf connection on the hdmi card you have 2 pins for the card to attatch to it, but when i connect up a audio led no out put, tried the onboard spidf as the setup as 7.1 out put and spidf as well the set up is my own build it was based on a scaleo e fujitsu, the build has 3.06 d processor 1 gb of memory soon to be 2gb, 1 tv card nova -t xp pro as the operating system. not sure if i needed update firmware to support device, when i plug in a hdmi cable i get picture great, but get a poping noise, at this moment in time i am using a dvi to hdmi connector, which gives me picture, no sound so no poping just wonder why the hdmi pops if it should not have a sound output... as suggested..:D

how do you check this You should also make shure that between Card and TV HDMI-Mode is comitted. Try to find out at TV if the TV reports HDMI at his input if not Card will send no Audio anyway.

Some cards need an extra driver for HDMI-Audio. Make shure if it is so with your card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom