HDTV Component output from an NVidia 6200? (1 Viewer)

gmanning

Portal Member
August 22, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
htpcoz said:
I'm struggling to find a 9550 with a HDTV out.

Is it possible that you meant using a 9550 with the ATI HDTV dongle?

I believe the dongle only operates for the US market. I've found that with all the 9550 versions (of which there are a staggering number!) provide TV Out, but no HDTV out.

If you knew of a particular one, that would probably help out.

Thanks.

Yes, I should have mentioned the ATI dongle, but my 6200 also has a dongle, it just came with the card and the ATI version seems to be only sold separately. One reason I went with Nvidia.

I have no experience with PAL, but I seem to remember there were several PAL standard settings. I read your other post where it seems those aren't working for you either.

I wonder if Powerstrip is functional with older Nvidia drivers? Perhaps you can research compatibility with the 60-series drivers or similar (prior to the new Powerstrip-like features), as maybe something in the later drivers is not compatible. Just a thought. I would assume Powerstrip was being used with Nvidia cards before the Nvidia drivers started having the Powerstrip-like capability.

Gary

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had the same issue with an MSI 6200 and a Philips PW8520 (30" 1080i/480p HDTV).

The only way I can output 1080i resolutions (or anything other than 640 x 480, for that matter) is with an ATi card with a VGA or DVI to component dongle. I tried a lot of timings and settings with powerstrip and the nV drivers. In the end, I put the 6200 in my wife's computer and bought a R9600pro with DVI to component dongle.

Someone

October 8, 2005
    Hey there guys, i recently got a xpertvision 6600, and am using component out to my sony hdtv, but for nearly all resolutions i use, i think the refresh rate is either too low or too high, (the screen keeps refreshing, and i can see the screen keep flashing) which gives me a huge headache after a couple of minutes, do you guys happen to know how to fix this refresh problem? all resolutions seem to work great, only the refresh rate is a problem

thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom