HDTV-out: I need a new card (1 Viewer)

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm looking to upgrade my HTPC2 and move it into the bedroom where the Sony 50A10 is and I want to make sure I can utilze the HDTV aspect of the thing, so...I need a new card.

Having searched the forum and poked around a bit, I've decided on a GF 6200 (I was going to get a 6600, but it's $50 more expensive and I don't see the upside for a non-gaming machine).

My question, though, is whether all 6200's are HDTV capable, or just the ones that advertise it?

For instance, the eVGA 6200 is $39 ($25 A/R) but does not claim HDTV. The Gigabyte 6200, on the other hand does list "HDTV/S-Video Out" but is $56 ($46 A/R).

Is the difference in cost simply because of the DVI-HDTV breakout cable, because if so, I don't care as I have a DVI-HDMI cable I scored off Monoprice for a few bucks.

December 28, 2005
Sydney
Home Country
HDTV is just a resolution of 1280x720 or greater. The card that i use is just my old graphic card which is a Ti4200. it has a DVI output and this is just a RGB siginal in digital format.

so in conclusion i see no need to get the more expensive one.

December 28, 2005
Sydney
Home Country
never had a issue with it. all the formats that i use play great, they have never crashed. the only issue that i have is that live tv kills MP when i change channel the odd time.

mind you that it is just a HTPC and that is all this computer does. so i dont have anything else installed on it to cause conflicts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom