[no Bug] HDTV Stutter but seems to be a frame timing issue (1 Viewer)

johnw230873

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC1
Windows Version: Vista 32bit
CPU Type: AMD 64 X2 4400
Memory: 2 gig
Video Card: Nvidia 8600 GT
Video Card Driver: 191.07
2. TV Card: Nova T500
2. TV Card Type: DVB T
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD SP 8
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD h264/AVC 8
TS Audio Codec: PowerDVD Audio 8
Tv Type: LCD 46 inch
TV Model: Sony 46X4500
Display Connection type: HDMI (sound and Picture)

I seem to have this problem with only 1 HD Channel, it is the only channel arround us that broadcasts at 1080p.

If I start watching the recorded TV (or live) if it stutters I need to stop and restart it, somethimes this doesn't work and it seems that I need to stop and restart it just at the right point to stop the stutter, once the stutter is gone the channel is fine until I do something e.g fast forward / rewind etc. doing an action doesn't always cause it to start stuttering again but 7 out of 10 times it does.

I have included by logs where I watched a video and on the last run it wasn't stuttering.

Is there anything else I can provide or do to help find the issue?

I know CPU,memory and disk activity is fine

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Could you please name the channel and provide a small sample of the recording.

johnw230873

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    The channel is TV3
    here is a small sample, howsure how long you needed

Attachments

• Ruby Gloom - TV3 - 2010-03-06_1.zip
      30.7 KB

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Your sample is working perfectly here.

Now lets see. Does your TV support 50hz? and if it does are you watching HDTV on 50Hz?

Which audio decoder are you using?

johnw230873

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    I have updated my first post to show more details, but in short I'm using the Powerdvd 8 codec for audio and TV does support 50Hz and I think I'm sending 50 Hz to it as this is what the Dynamic refresh box pops up (PAL50).

I have tried a whole stack fo Codecs and it seems to do the same with all of them.

What is weird is a stop and restart of the recording (sometime mutiple times) will reslove the issue.

I found a setting in the display driver to send at 50Hz, tried that too but it didn't help.

johnw230873

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    The FFDshow seems to have made it better but these changes also have helpped

Change the Nvidia settings back to native (60Hz) and in the Dynamic refresh of media portal change this to 60Hz to match the native setting of the TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom