ganger_rolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Started on: 2007-11-13
    last update: 2008-01-08

Summary: Norwegian television (NTV) started their DTT-service this autumn based on mpeg4 (h.264/he-aac). NTV is among the first to broadcast DVB-T audio in he-aac (aac high efficiency), and until now no there has been no software solution for viewing DTT live in Norway with sound. FireDTV launched a beta version of their viewer 2007-11-09 that support these he-aac streams.

Description: Enable Mediaportal/TV-server to read he-aac (latm) in ts-streams.
    As far as I know, at least this needs to be done (based on the work done in DVBviewer):

1. Create a AAC-pin in the TS-filter used in Mediaportal/TV-server

2. Create a window in Mediaportal/Options where you can choose a dedicated AAC-decoder (in addition to the existing "audio decoder"-window)

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Something is finally happening.

Background:
    The Norwegian DVB-T network is using h264 and HE-AAC with LOAS/LATM. Almost the entire rest of the world use MPEG2.

For those having a terratec tuner, the accompanying beta-version of terratec software is reported to work for non-encrypted channels (NRK1,2 and 3)
    ftp://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/TerraTec_HomeCinema/Beta/

DVBViewer is reported to support HE-AAC (for any hardware) "soon":
    http://www.dvbviewer.com/en/index.php?page=news&article=Version 3.9.0 released

The situation for encrypted channels is what? FireDTV?

It seems strange that this took so long, and that solutions are so bound to hardware. I thought that the idea behind DirectShow was that applications could handle any media as long as the appropriate filter existed, and the filters used by terratec could be reused by mediaportal if they are regular DS filters, right?

-k

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Still no way to watch the encrypted channels as RiksTV wont approve of any CAM. They are "working" on it.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Welcome to the forums, slarve, and thanks for informative post!

Also, with TerraTec Piranha ( <- probably misspelled) audio is working. Soon on all TerraTec products. This is done by a DirectShow-filter from what I read, so it should be possible to get it to work with MP. (Perhaps after fiddling with graphedit)

EDIT: OK, I have registered the above mentioned AAC LATM decoder (Direct Show). If anybody knows of any stream-dumps I'll see if it works in Mediaportal (don't have a DVB-T card).

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah it looks like we're in the same boat down here in New Zealand. Our trials have been running about 2 months now.

I have uploaded a sample raw .ts file of a DVB-T HD h.264 AAC MUX to ftp.team-mediaportal.com NZ_MediaWorks_570_T_TV3_FTA.ts

When I try to view a channel on this mux I just get a single frozen frame. If I try to record I get a 0kb .ts file. What are you guys experiencing?

Cheers,
    mcraenz

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Working on it guys.
    TVServer will now recognize the channels correctly and record the LATM AAC audio streams.
    Problem is parsing the audio through TSReader at the moment.

You can play the TVServer .TS recordings through the latest SVN release of VLC so at least thats something.

DMAN

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TVServer will now recognize the channels correctly and record the LATM AAC audio streams.
    Yep can confirm recording working here :D

New Zeeland :D you DMAN

Attachments

• nz.jpg
      nz.jpg
      74.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom