Hello Everyone (1 Viewer)

MrEMan

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
Just posting to say hi.

I have just assembled my Meda PC and am happy with it.

Silverstone CW02 case
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P Motherboard
Intel Quad Core Q6600 Processor
2 GB Kingston RAM
500 Gig HDD so far

One question I have.. is it possible to insert a DVD and it magically gets copied to the Hard Drive for use in Media Portal?

Regards

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi and Welcome.
    I don't think it is possible to do this at the moment. I don't think there's even a straightforward plugin that does it either, but I do remember that someone has posted a how to in the tips and tricks section a while ago. It wasn't a straight forward process though.

MrEMan

Portal Member
    February 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Thankyou milhouse I'll give that a try.

Do you guys use the TV server? I'm wondering if it's worth setting up. I have the media PC, my PC and the kids have a PC, might be nice to share the TV around if it's not too much work.

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can't say that I have tried it. From the posts it seems to be pretty functional, and reasonably stable. As well as the only way to capture HD TV.

I've been putting it off, because when I move to TV server and will also be re-running the satellite feeds and putting both sat receivers on the same PC, which also means buying a second internal tuner card. So it won't be a minor project for me.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I use the TV server. For me it actually works better than the built in TV engine (much better reliability, faster channel changes and can record two progrms on the same mux at the same time for DTV).

Bear in mind, it will take some effort to set up but there is a lot of information in the wiki and even step by step videos.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I too use the TV server and agree it is more reliable and generally better than the built in TV engine.

I am a single seat setup (server and client on same PC), and i didn't find the setup particularly daunting - just follow the videos and you'll be setup within no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom