help, 2 "parts" to an ep but on thetbdb.com there is only 1 entry? (1 Viewer)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
i've got an double episode where on thetvdb.com its listed as a single episode but i have it in 2 parts, as im none too good with encoding/reencoding etc, i'd like to avoid that (unless there is a simple painless way of joining mkvs?) so what happens is that the first episode shows and scrapes correctly but then there is a "episode X" with no description etc, it just looks messy more than anything so not a show stopper by any means.

any ideas? am using fresh install of XP/MP1.2b

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    i've got an double episode where on thetvdb.com its listed as a single episode but i have it in 2 parts, as im none too good with encoding/reencoding etc, i'd like to avoid that (unless there is a simple painless way of joining mkvs?) so what happens is that the first episode shows and scrapes correctly but then there is a "episode X" with no description etc, it just looks messy more than anything so not a show stopper by any means.

any ideas? am using fresh install of XP/MP1.2b

Just use the MKV Toolnix kit, the mmg one to be exact, which is a GUI interface for the mkvmerge commandline tool.

A guide to mkvmerge GUI

You can also use AVI Mux-GUI, which has MKV support as well via:

AVI-Mux GUI

Enjoy

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    cheers, i'll take a read through of that whole page.

..and that doesnt try to reencode, just "join"? in the past when i've tried to do something and it reencodes it, the output looked plain nasty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom