Codecs [HELP!!] Ac3 through HDMI... (1 Viewer)

zappomax

Portal Pro
April 24, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi!
Till some days ago I used the embedded ATI graphic HD3200 on my HTCP and with my last LG plasma I could hear Ac3 audio by HDMI on it (but not DTS) without problem. Now I've gotten e new Samsung Plasma (d6900 series) and the AC3 audio is disappeared. So I tested a lent ATI HD5570 card and using the MPC-Realaudio codec (no way with FFdshow and LAV codecs) Ac3 audio worked great on my Samsung! So happy for that, I've bought a new ATI HD6450. I uninstalled/reinstalled video drivers, audio drivers and Saf codecs pack as It's common to do in this case. But after that, the surprise: when I try to set MPC-Realaudio in MP setting>video codecs>MPEG/AC3 audio decoder, I find only ffdshow and LAV codec but not MPC!
I can find it under "AAC audio decoder" but not in "MPEG/AC3 audio decoder"!
I uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and Saf several time, but nothig...
The MPC audio codecs r installed ad works good in fact if I play a mkv/AC3 file using straight MPC player, I can hear AC3 audio pretty good on my Samsung TV but with MP, no way.
How can I do??

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
@zappomax:
Your TV can accept AC3 from HDMI source?
And MPC-Realaudio codec is capable to decode AC3?

If you install SAF6 with audio passthrough disabled, it should work just fine (try it in graphstudio to eliminate wrong MePo setings).

zappomax

Portal Pro
April 24, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
@zappomax:
Your TV can accept AC3 from HDMI source?
As I wrote above when I play an mkv with AC3 with MPC player, I can hear audio on my TV.
Also I have a sat decoder connected by HDMI and the AC3 sat channels works good.
And MPC-Realaudio codec is capable to decode AC3?
Also I wrote above: "I tested a lent ATI HD5570 card and using the MPC-Realaudio codec (no way with FFdshow and LAV codecs) Ac3 audio worked great on my Samsung"
If you install SAF6 with audio passthrough disabled, it should work just fine
But if I disable passthrough then I can't use my av reciever with AC3/DTS audio.
try it in graphstudio to eliminate wrong MePo setings).
Sorry but I don't understand what U mean:confused:
What I'd like to know is why the "MPC-Realaudio" choise was disappeared on "MPEG/AC3 audio decoder" setting in MP and how I can ripristinate that. I use Saf codecs from years and I remember that "MPC-Realaudio" was always selectable in MP.
What happened??

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
So you have HDMI PC->Reciever->TV connection?
MPC-Realaudio is decoder for decoding realaudio, it not suppose to work for AC3.

Graphstudio is installed if you enable tools in SAF instalation. Then look to START - SAF - TOOLS - Graphstudio. Open Graphstudio, drag and drop your file here and hit play to play it.

zappomax

Portal Pro
April 24, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
So you have HDMI PC->Reciever->TV connection?
My HTPC is connected by HDMI to my Samsung TV and by a optical cable to my AV reciever.
MPC-Realaudio is decoder for decoding realaudio, it not suppose to work for AC3.
MPC-Realaudio codec is installed when U install MPC Player, right? I don't know if that codec do a downmix with AC3 audio or what, but I confirm when I play any video file with AC3 audio using MPC player, I can hear audio on my TV.
Graphstudio is installed if you enable tools in SAF instalation. Then look to START - SAF - TOOLS - Graphstudio. Open Graphstudio, drag and drop your file here and hit play to play it.
O.K. I'll try it.

zappomax

Portal Pro
April 24, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Really sorry but I was wrong...:
In MP setting>video codecs>MPEG/AC3 audio decoder I set "MPC-MPA audio filter" to get AC3 audio through HDMI (not "MPC-Realaudio codec ", I remembered wrong).
Only if I uninstall Saf, "MPC-MPA audio filter" choice come back.
Using K-lite codec pack instead Saf, "MPC-MPA audio filter" is selectable again and finaly I can hear AC3 audio on my TV.
Anyway I would prefer use Saf (DXVA HW accel. doesn't work with K-lite...).
Any idea to get back "MPC-MPA audio filter" with Saf installed??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom