Help by HTPC hardware selection needed (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's only a little bit extra to get the remote with the receiver. So you might as well have the remote, if you want to get rid of the receiver in the future it's more useful to have the remote that goes with it.

The logitech can select the MCE remote profile, but if you have problems loading a logitech profile i think the logitech is able to learn directly from the MCE remote (not 100% sure if the logitech has a learn function but i think it does). Most of the logitech remote IR commands are just downloaded from logitech website using profiles.

Are you from NZ? Are you talking about telstra cable TV?

I'm not sure if a PCI card can interact directly with the telstra cable TV. Check on Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums

Most people do something like this
    Cable TV -> Telstra Cable TV Box -> S-video cable -> TV Card
    Sky Dish -> Sky Box -> S-Video cable -> TV Card

ejtje

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke in that way, the remote bundel cost only 20 dollar on ebay, Tomorrow i will try finding one on a local store. I think your are right, I have readed something about the learn option of the logitech remote. Be I'm not absolutly sure so I will also look into that tomorrow.

A you are from New Zealand, Did you know this:
    The first European name for New Zealand was Staten Landt, the name given to it by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman, who in 1642 became the first European to see the islands. Tasman assumed it was part of a southern continent connected with land discovered in 1615 off the southern tip of South America by Jacob Le Maire, which had been named Staten Landt, meaning "Land of the (Dutch) States-General".

The name New Zealand originated with Dutch cartographers, who called the islands Nova Zeelandia, after the Dutch province of Zeeland. (lol)

But no I'm just from The Netherlands (aka Holland)(europe) you now that country that lost the World Cup from Spain...

Today al viewed some youtube vids about the logitech harmony, most people do indeed use a (magic) box. I have to ask a dutch guy about this then. And visit a Provider shops to see how it works..

Tnx for the info,

Greeting E

ejtje

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, that's just accidental after browsing the web :)

I think I am at the point of buying the Case, Videocard and HDD. The remote and TV-card have to wait because i haven't decided wait to buy yet. I saw some treads about harmony remote's so maybe I will ask for info there.

Greetings E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom