Help configuring my Music (1 Viewer)

patonzon

Portal Member
August 31, 2006
I have all my music files named "artist - song", no album or artist folders. Some of the files have more info in the tag and some don't, but I don't need more info than that: artist and song.

I sepent a few hours yesterday trying to figure out how to get my Music to display it this way. When I select artist, all the artists names appear in the right side. Then I select an artist and all it's songs appear, but if I select a song, instead of start playing it, it takes me to another screen with the artist and song name and if I select this, then I can start playing the song.
I would like to be anble to select an artist, then a song and that it would just start playing.

How can this be done? A step by step would be much appreciated because I spent a lot of time in the setup page with no good results.

One more problem, I did some playlists in WMP and saved them in "My Playlists" folder. Then configured this folder in MP to look for my playlists there, but when I select playlists in the left side menu nothing appears. To get to them I have set My Music to view files, look for the correct folder, and they play fine this way. I'm stuck there too.

Thanks in advanced for your help

MediaPortal Version: 2.000
Windows Version: XP sp2
CPU Type: Athlon 3200
HDD: 300 Gb
Memory: 1 Gb
Motherboard: Gigabite
Motherboard Chipset: Ncidia
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: EVGA 6600
Video Card Driver: -
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: Realtek
1. TV Card: -
1. TV Card Type: -
1. TV Card Driver: -
2. TV Card: -
2. TV Card Type: -
2. TV Card Driver: -
3. TV Card: -
3. TV Card Type: -
3. TV Card Driver: -
4. TV Card: -
4. TV Card Type: -
4. TV Card Driver: -
MPEG2 Video Codec: -
MPEG2 Audio Codec: -
Satelite/CableTV Provider: -
HTPC Case: Silverwstone lc13
Cooling: -
Power Supply: -
Remote: harmony 628
TV: -
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, be a bit patient please.
    We can't answer all questions immediately.

What you need to do defining a new view.
    Step by Step:
    1. Start Configuration.exe
    2. Select Music -> Music Views
    3. In the "View" conmbo box srolld down and select "new..."
    4. In the "Name" field type any name you like
    5. Click "Selection" and select "artist"
    6. Check "ASC" and in "ViewAS" select "List"
    7. in the 2nd line select "title" from the selection, ASC and "List"
    8. DON'T forget to press the "Save" button
    9. Press "OK" to end the session

Now the new View can be selected in MP and will do what you need.

When you scanned your database, you should have NOT selected the "Scan Albums for various artists" and the "Treat tracks in individual folder as album" as those switches only apply to scenarios, where files are tagged correctly with Album, which is not the case in yoiur installation.

have fun

patonzon

Portal Member
    August 31, 2006
    Ok thanks a lot, that worked perfect. Now I just have to figure out why does MP doesn't recognize my playlists. If someone could help me with that it would be great.

Thanks

patonzon

Portal Member
    August 31, 2006
    My mistake, I just realized that the "Playlist" option in the left takes you to the current palylist being played instead of showing all the playlists available.

So how do you acces your playlists?

What I have to do is set view files and look for the Playlist folder, but I'm sure there is a much better way to do this.

Thanks for the help.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You can define a folder for playlists, and access this through the My playlists button... This applies to svn, cause there has been some changes in that department.. But still:

- Config - Music - tab playlistsettings. Choose your playlist folder.
    When saving a playlist in mp, it saves it there, and if you have other playlists "m3u" you can put it in that folder..

Hope this answers your questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom