Help, Error Opening MyTV Series (1 Viewer)

M

mjmapi

Hi Guys,

I'm getting the following error when i open my Tv Series plugin
"SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory" threw an exception, continue or ignore clicking continue MP configurations just hangs and clicking Ignore closes the plugin dialog and MP Dialog,

I have the latest Streamed MP skin installed, i have tried the following with out any luck
-Removed the subtitle down-loader plugin
-Installed the latest/old subtitle down-loader plug-in
-Removed my TVSeries DB

Any help will be appreciated guys as i cannot add new shows to my setup

:D

XiroxX

Portal Member
July 24, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey guys,

i have the same problem.
Before using v2.3.3589 without problems. Now with v2.5.2.990 and 2.5.3.1008 i have the same problem like mjmapi.
This error message only appears in the configuration.exe. If i click the "run tv-series configuration now button" after the installation - it works.
In MP ... TV-Series is running, but not very well. For Example: I can't open the "actions" menu, OSD and much more.
This problem appears on XP AND Vista. (Before using XP ... I installed Vista after this problem appears)

Sincerely yours

XiroxX

EDIT: Problem with "SubtitleDownloader.Core.SubtitleDownloaderFactory" fixed after a complete reinstall and a step-by-step installation and configuration without using old databases and other old files. Problems in MP are fixed, too.

M

mjmapi

XiroxX, tried your trick, reinstalling with a clean DB, but did not help in my case

I see the is a new Streamed Mp out, will try with it

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    What is the install location (folder) of your MediaPortal?

Do you have SubtitleDownloader.dll and 7z.dll in the same folder where MediaPortal.exe is?

Double check if the SubtitleDownloader.dll is not also in MP/plugins/Windows folder..

XiroxX

Portal Member
    July 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

my way: de-install all components for MP and all codecs. De-installed all till I had a clean Vista OS with all updates, drivers, etc. but no codecs, MP, etc.
    Running TuneUp 2010 after all to delete registry mistakes, etc. -> Restart ...
    -> Now .. with clean Vista. Just install MP v1.1.0 RC1 with ability to watch TV. No old config files, no databases, no changes in config for the moment.
    -> Test MP in standard version (without any config changes) -> Successful.
    -> Install TV-Series Plug-in ... Try to open config (without old DBs) -> Successful.
    -> Install Codecs step-by-step ... after each step I tested MP.
    -> Re-organize all Databases .. NOT USE THE OLD DBs.
    -> Adjust my MP configuration manually ... NO OLD CONFIG FILES.

The only old files I used (after all tests passed):
    - keymap.xml
    - VideoDatabaseV5.db3

And now ... it works.

Sincerely yours

XiroxX

@SilentExcept: "Do you have SubtitleDownloader.dll and 7z.dll in the same folder where MediaPortal.exe is?" - Yes. And ... before my problems disappeared, too.

M

mjmapi

What is the install location (folder) of your MediaPortal?
    -- default location c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal

Do you have SubtitleDownloader.dll and 7z.dll in the same folder where MediaPortal.exe is?
    -- Yes, even tried defferent versions v1.9.1, 1.9,1.8 with same results

Double check if the SubtitleDownloader.dll is not also in MP/plugins/Windows folder..
    --None showing there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom