Help for a usenet noob? (1 Viewer)

No Limit

Portal Member
March 7, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, this plug in looks very interesting however I'm a bit stuck on how to actually install it.

I registered at newzbin and verified my account. I then downloaded SABnzbd. However, in that Sabnzbd configuration it is asking me for the server details of the primary usenet provider. I have no clue what to put under here, help would be appreciated. Is this asking for the details of the newzbin site? Where do I find those details?

I read around and I'm guessing I have to get this info from comcast? Unfortunately they dont support usenet. Do I have any other options?

spiral

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Home Country
Unfortunately if your ISP doesn't provide a news server then you'll need to pay to get access to one like Giganews or something similar. You'll probably need to pay around $10-15 a month for access. Do a search for "usenet provider" and you'll come up with some more information. mpNZB is a great plugin and makes downloading "stuff" really easy. If you can afford the subscription to a usenet provider, I'd definitely recommend it. Most providers seem to give a free trial so that could be one way to get more of a feel for it and see if it's something you want to pay for.

Cheers,
Andrew

No Limit

Portal Member
March 7, 2010
Home Country
Thanks, I just signed up for giganews. But for some reason the login they sent doesnt work, hopefully it will start working soon. Im looking forward to trying this out.

No Limit

Portal Member
March 7, 2010
Home Country
Ok, looks like I got giganews working and I can now search files inside of MP. However, I'm sure I screwed the configuration up as when I download a show it doesn't actually go in to my TV shows. When I search for missing episodes it will only show me 1 or 2, never all the missing ones.

If I go to search I only have the following options: newzleech, nzbclub, and nzbindex. Shouldn't I have more? I don't see the categories from nebin anywhere. Help would be appreciated.

spiral

Portal Member
August 19, 2009
Home Country
I don't use the TV-series integration so I can't really help you there. I also haven't worked out the download location stuff either... I just move the around manually. I may be able to help with your newzbin prob though... Try adding your newzbin username and password to the sites.xml file in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows. That worked for me.

Cheers,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom