Help for Terratec PCI HD users, new beta driver works great (1 Viewer)

narsor

Portal Member
August 28, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Know that there is a great working beta driver out for Terratec PCI HD card. I have dual cards installed on my system, and it was working terrible with the official driver (1.01.01.501).

After installing the beta driver (1.01.02.401c Beta) on my Windows 7 x64, everything is working great, no more problems on switching channels, when one card starts recording, I had difficulty changing channels etc. which I do not have any problem at all anymore. And card sharing with NewCmd is still working, I can use the same Ziggo card for two tuners at once.

A warning though, I had great difficulty on installing the beta drivers, after a few boots and struggling, driver worked for one of my cards, and a few more tries and second card kicked in also. Now everything just works fine without any fiddling. I advise you to stop TV server before installing the beta drivers so that installer can install the files (I think that's why it failed on my system initially)

Good luck

And I do not need to use restart graph debug option anymore to be able to switch channels, switching is faster now

lyrisk

Portal Member
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Interesting. I have the same setup and had aloooot of problems aswell with both Win7x64 and WinXP. Will test it right away.

narsor

Portal Member
August 28, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Before installing the beta driver, I had various problems such as:
- BSOD on Win7x64, once a week or so
- One card starts recording, not possible to watch anything at all, mediaportal restart mendatory
- I was using restart graph option afterlaunching config program in debug mode and setting that debug parameter, otherwise, channel change was failin 80% of the time

After the beta driver:
- No BSOD yet, but it is only tested for 2 days
- Disabled debug option, now channel changing feels a bit more snappier
- Recording or no recording, no freeze on channel change at all

I have experienced two times a weird problem though, I change the channel, video stream remains broadcasting from the old channel, but mediaportal displays the new channel name as if channel change succeeded. For those cases, I had to use stop-play button on the remote to refresh the streaming. It is probably a bug in the beta driver, but my system is now a very a robust and happy live TV watching system as well as video and tv series, music listening platform, which is almost the ultimate solution for me

lyrisk

Portal Member
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There still seems to be some problem with encrypted channels with the beta drivers. MDAPI doesn't seem to work well with this version... same problem on XP and W7x64....

narsor

Portal Member
August 28, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Uhm, too bad that MDAPI is not working there, but it is working on my system with the beta driver. May be that's why the drivers are beta, as their behavior is not consistent on different systems and configurations

Is everything fine with the unencrypted channels and the problem is with the encrypted channels only?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    and please do not take the mdapi discussion any further. :D

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Narsor, how is the stability now after months? Are you still convinced the beta driver works good? I'm experiencing BODs once every four hours on my Windows 2008 R2 x64 server with one Terratec Cinergy C HD card. Frustrating to say the least. I was using the older 601 driver. I just installed the latest 1.01.01.501 driver but that doesn't work with Media Portal. It can't find any channels.

Just found the beta driver on the FTP. The link on the Terratec website doesn't work. Since the file is well hidden on the FTP, others seeking for the beta driver: download it at http://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/Cinergy_C_PCI_HD_CI/Update/History/Cinergy_C_PCI_HD_CI_Drv_Setup_1.01.02.401_XP_Vista_7.exe

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The new beta driver 1.01.02.401 seems to work very well here now. I had to use version 0.6.1.8 of ACamd to get the card sharing to work though. The ACamd version I used in conjunction with driver version 601 didn't work for this beta driver. For 12 hours no crashes anymore, all channels seem to be found, recording works fine. Happy so far. Stay away from the latest official driver 1.01.01.501, this is no good.

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You posted this in my thread to. Excellent find!

Can you upload the driver to the forum? I can't find it / it doesn't work at Terratecs site.

Edit:

Lol, I saw you post two steps up..

Thanks dude!

I tested the beta driver - Excellent! Could search for transponders and found all transponders and all channels. No problems whatsoever.

Btw: I'm using acamd + newCS with NextPVR. How do I setup this in MP? The only thing missing is this. The free religious channel is not that interesting.

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good that you got it to work :) I don't know anything about NextPVR. I think your best bet is to Google on that combination for help.

Here the beta driver is running smooth for 4 days in a row now. Everything works and no server crashes anymore. Problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom