Help getting my remote to work fully...any good resource I have missed? (1 Viewer)

khiser

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
TV-Server Version: V1.0
MediaPortal Version: V1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: AMD X2 7750 Dual Core 2.7 Black Edition with 2mb L3 cache
HDD: Hittachi 640gb
Memory: 4gb OCZ Fatality PC2-1066 mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H
Video Card: on board HD 3200
Video Card Driver: 8.522.0.0
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio On board HD audio
Sound Card AC3: Optial out
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5286
1. TV Card: VisionTek ATI TV Wonder HD 650
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid analog/ATSC/QAM
1. TV Card Driver: 6.14.10.241
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC10b-E
Cooling: Standard
Power Supply:
Remote: came with TV card
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

OK i have searched and am not quite finding what I need in regards to getting a specific remote working fully. I have the VisionTek TV Wonder HD 650 card (which works great by the way) and it has a USB IR receiver and remote that came with it. Most of the buttons work "out of the box" but many required ones do not so I assume they need to be mapped somehow.

Can anyone point me to a place to configure this remote?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    do you know if its x10 compatible? If it is, you could try eventghost - it has mediaportal plugin and x10 plugin - could work

also, proximis girder may be worth a try

khiser

Portal Member
    March 28, 2009
    I do not know but I will see if I can find anything in the manual that mentions it. I guess I could also just try it and see. :)

Also how would I go about disabling whatever they have allowing it to work or will the plugin override it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks beamland :) Unless you had previously saved those settings, the values that were shown were not necessarily the ones that MP was using. In other words, it might have shown MP Audio Renderer when you first loaded configuration... but that doesn't mean MP was using the MP Audio Renderer before that time. Only logs could have...
    Thanks beamland :) Unless you had previously saved those settings, the values that were shown were not necessarily the ones that...
    Hi there Powering on my HTPC and starting to watch live tv on whatever channel I choose works fine. I get video and audio as...
    Replies
    Views
    It absolutely can. :) http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC#Tuning_mode If you have an ATSC tuner + aerial and are trying to pull in digital channels then ATSC digital terrestrial is definitely the right mode. :) Win! :D No problem. :)
    It absolutely can. :)...
    First of all, I will gladly start with the specs of my PC. I'll fill in the blanks as I go about it... I forgot what /run command...
    Replies
    Views
    MediaPortal Version: 1.5 MediaPortal Skin: Titan HD Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit home premium sp1 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 HDD: Memory: 4GB Motherboard: Video Card: ATI HD 5570 Video Card Driver: Latest Sound Card: Sound Card AC3: Sound Card Driver: 1. TV Card: IPTV 1. TV Card Type: DVB-IP 1. TV Card Driver: MP...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.5 MediaPortal Skin: Titan HD Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit home premium sp1 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.5 MediaPortal Skin: Titan HD Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit home premium sp1 CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) II...
    Replies
    Views
    Okay. Keep in mind that the Cyberlink codec has a property page too, and I believe it has deinterlacing settings (like LAV). To view/configure, click the screwdriver/spanner button next to the codec selection (as usual with LAV and any other codec). MP also has a deinterlacing setting for TV...
    Okay. Keep in mind that the Cyberlink codec has a property page too, and I believe it has deinterlacing settings (like LAV). To...
    Couldn't figure out my old account so made a new one; Got probably 2, maybe even 3 issues of which all are reproducible time after...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey mm, thanks for the quick answer. Can you please tell me, where i can find the appropriate logs? I looked in the Win7 logs but does not found anything. Daniel
    Hey mm, thanks for the quick answer. Can you please tell me, where i can find the appropriate logs? I looked in the Win7 logs but...
    Hi, hopefully, someon can help me out to find a strange problem. The last time, my tv-server does not complete schedules. It wakes...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom