Help: How to apply a patch and compile MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I now have a requirement to compile my own MediaPortal from the latest SVN build, but I need some help and I hope somebody can assist. I'm not a programmer...

Following the instructions from the relevant Wiki article, I downloaded and installed Visual C# Express 2005 (because it's free), .NET 2.0 SDK, the latest MS DirectX SDK, and TortoiseSVN. I configured TorToiseSVN to synchronise with https://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mediaportal/trunk/. I noticed that this location currently is not up-to-date, as described in this article, but I can wait. I want to use one of the latest SVNs because of this fix.

Once I've got an up-to-date local copy of the latest SVN, I need to integrate the source code from the refresh rate changer plugin. I downloaded v0.61 of this plugin, which has a file included 'sources_20605.patch'. When I right-click on this file, TurtoiseSVN allows me to 'Apply patch...' and this brings up a 'Browse For Folder' box. My first question is, which directory should I pick here? Is it as simple as selecting the 'mediaportal' directory from the local source directory? Am I right in assuming I need to re-apply the patch after I perform a TorToiseSVN 'SVN Update'?

After patching the local MP source files, I will need to compile with Visul C# Express 2005. The Wiki is limited on how to do this, and only states Mention "MediaPortal.VC#Express.sln" solution file for express users. I searched for sln files in the local source files and there are a few, but not 'MediaPortal.VC#Express.sln'. As a test I tried to open 'MediaPortal.sln' in the mediaportal directory, but Visual C# 2005 says 'the solution or project you are opening was created in a previous version of Visual Studio', and it needs to be converted. I didn't go any further there, as that sounds strange to me considering the latest version is 2008. Any advise on how to progress from here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom