Tools and other software [HELP/IDEAS] PC Audio: Stereo to Pseudo-Surround Software (1 Viewer)

Salem

Portal Pro
March 10, 2008
Cambridgeshire, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I wonder of someone can help me.

I’ve got a Dell Studio XPS 8100 which is hooked up to a set of Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers (bought with PC).
I’ve set the RealTek HD Audio Manager thing to Speaker Fill with Windows & RealTek is set to 5.1.

My question is, the speakers have a Matrix option for creating pseudo-surround on stereo sources. This works brilliantly. The problem Is though, when listening to native 5.1 audio (DVD, BluRay etc) Matrix needs to be switched off.

What I want to know is, is there a software application I can use to emulate this? The reason is, I’m physically disabled and often watch TV/films/DVDs etc on my PC while sitting in bed, controlling it with my TV Card remote control. As such, it’s a problem switching Matrix mode on my speakers on/off when I want to switch to/from content that’s native surround.

I’m pretty sure there must be some consumer commercial (if not freeware) software that could do this for me. Ie, create pseudo-surround from stereo audio or leave the audio as-is and pass it directly to soundcard output/speakers. This way, the speakers can be left with Matrix mode off regardless of content.

Are there any ideas of such software? I don’t mind paying a reasonable amount for it if Freeware isn’t available (which I guess it may not be.)

Oh, and out of interest, I use a variety of software for A/V playback. This ranges from MediaPortal (most things) to Media Cenntre (Windows 7) for Sky Player, to Cyberlink PowerDVD for Blu-Rays (If I have ripped then to external HDD. As such, I’d prefer software that’s can perform this function on ALL sound from Windows, regardless of the application it’s coming from.

Thanks in advance.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom