Help needed to add site to Online Videos (1 Viewer)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm new to Media Portal and, as such, a bit of a novice. I'm trying to parse a site into MP1.2.0 beta plugin Online Videos consisting of channels as opposed to a RSS feed. The problem I have is that the site requires me to log in first before I can watch the channels...how can this be done??? I've played around with the parser for a couple of days now without success.

I'm probably missing the obvious (or am I?) but it would be nice to have some kind of text box for Username and Password incorporated into the plugin configuration...or again, am I missing the obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    :D

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is no way a generic login can be integrated. For what I've seen, there are too much differences to neatly incorporate in 1 generic thing.
    So the only solution that comes to mind is (let someone) program your own util, which incorporates the login actions required by that site

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply.

What software needs to be used for this?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Visual studio, don't know if you have any programming experience in C#?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    No experience at all...but I have the software and I can imagine this could be a common problem trying to log into various sites...so I will have to get my head around it and start learning! Probably a silly question...but is it not possible to copy the source file of the logged in home page of the site (by using another browser and manually logging in) and pasting it into the parser?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Probably a silly question...but is it not possible to copy the source file of the logged in home page of the site (by using another browser and manually logging in) and pasting it into the parser?

There are no silly questions, just silly answers ;)

However, I do think your solution isn't going to work, because most of the times, cookies are used to let the website know you're logged in. But in case those cookies have a constant value (and not just a session id) there are options to include those in the generic site/site parser.

And, as always, I'm willing to help you with getting started with programming a site-util!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom