Help on Plugin Development Forum (1 Viewer)

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

I couldn't find any request like this through the search so I'll just ask for it now...

1.Why is there no exclusive forum (or maybe I'm blind) for plugin developers, where they/we can exchange each other or get help by more experienced MP Devs who are in the topic for a much longer time?
I know there is a speciall plugin forum, but this is used for 95% (?!) for plugin presentation. If you search for any programming topic there, you won't get good results.

More blabla:
Looking at others source code is one of the best things you can do to learn (I know now), but the problems start when you don't know exactly, where you can find an equal problem/solution.

Or look at this scenario (I was in 3 months ago):
I thought:
"hmm... I could create something for MP, which uses foreign "namespaces" and which would extend the features of MP. But I've no idea how to programm for MP...

-> So look at the Faqs/DevHelp, and try to rebuild the tutorial plugin.
----> Yeaha it worked. So now?"

and then a huge gap will rise in front of you. Especially if you heard the word subversion just once before, but thats another story...
//thanks for reading ;)
I think such a subforum would maybe make more ppl (beginners) start programming for mp...:D
What do you think?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would also like to see a dedicated subforum for people like me, just starting to work my way around in developing plugins :)

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmm either nobody besides us needs this subforum, or somebody should move this thread to the "Community Plugin Forum" where more interested ppl would care about it.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's a good idea and a good point. The existing plug-in forums are mostly used for community interaction, not development collaboration. I too would like to see a new forum for Plug-in Developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom