Help please - plugin flickers in 1.4 (1 Viewer)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Dear all

I've got some plugins (search, you'll find them here) and under 1.3 they were fine.

One is a simple digital clock plugin that comprises some big clock text, a couple of labels (date, am/pm indicator) and a single button (bright/dim).

So basically you can press the bright dim button - nothing else.

Under 1.3 this was fine, works and is very boring (I like boring) but when 1.4 came out I upgraded and changed the version string (1.4.000 I think) - NO other changes.

Put this in and it flickers like a maniac!

(There are no vidieos running or anything else contending for the screen, and in fact playing a TV program is fine - even HD!)

Making the [single] button stops the flicker but obviously this isn't a solution as this happens on my other plugins (which do NOT have a timer but are single threaded).

Is there something I should be doing to stop the display from refreshing (or make it refresh). Some magic incantation that I've missed....?

It is trivial to change and this happens on both my clients (MSI U180 netbooks) and my dev laptop (Compaq CQ58) so it's not the hardware (anyway it was fine under 1.3).

All help, pointers, suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not directly MediaPortal

New Intel CedarView driver and no more flicker.

Room netbooks can now run HD (even through HDMI) without any issues.

(one oddity though - I allowed VS 2012 Express to upgrade the projects and then they didin't work! No changes at all but just not even recognised by MP, so just reverted back to 2008.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom