Help - Thousand of episodes wrongly sent to trakt (1 Viewer)

pauls67

Portal Member
March 13, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I have 3 shows which I have set to exclude from sending the data to trakt (they still show in the trakt app to ignore them)

Just been looking on trakt website and all these have now been marked as watched on there (almost 6000 episodes)

How can I delete all of these?
Deleting from the web dosnt work in bulk and 6000 would take months to get rid of individually

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can delete individual shows from the WatchedHistory page, just click the 'Tick' icon and you can mark all episodes for that show watched or unwatched.

When you say 6000 episodes, do you mean 6000 plays of the same episode?

Another alternative to deleting your watched history in bulk is to use a tool I created which can let you delete data from your account e.g. all watched episodes, movies, collected episodes etc. You can pick what you want, but keep in mind it deletes everything so you can start clean.

https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for quick reply

some are duplicates, but it thousands of different episodes

one of these is Neighbours, I watch this daily but don't want it on my stats, its now my top watched show with 4486 watches
    the other shows it added I have deleted most, but not sure how to get rid of neighbours as it only lets me delete this per episode

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    does the traktrater allow you to select what to delete

I have watched records for things that where on live tv (do not have a record a watched data on my pc in media portal), I woudnt want to delete all this information

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    does the traktrater allow you to select what to delete
    nope, its only for deleting everything.

I find it strange you would have 4486 plays, sounds like a bug online as I can't see how the plugin could generate that. Might be best asking trakt support to remove the specific entries.

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    I have put in a request for them to hopefully delete them for me
    It sounds like it added them similar to when I first setup MP

When I was first setting up MP, and on the TVSeries section (using the app), I right clicked on all the TV shows that it matched and selected to set them as watched, didn't realise at the time this included all series, not just my local ones
    So when I registered for trakt and got it to sync everything, it added 4000+ episodes as watched for this tv show

After spotting this, I used the option to ignore this series and manually deleted it from history (took over a week)

The logs from the time it happened today have been overwritten so will never know exactly what happened, but it looks like it picked up this series and added all the watched back

I have gone back into the config app and marked all past seasons as unwatched, so locally it thinks I haven't watched them, so should not get this happening again, fingers crossed anyway

The above is just for your info though, hopefully trakt support can fix it for me

Thanks Again
    Paul

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When I was first setting up MP, and on the TVSeries section (using the app), I right clicked on all the TV shows that it matched and selected to set them as watched, didn't realise at the time this included all series, not just my local ones
    So when I registered for trakt and got it to sync everything, it added 4000+ episodes as watched for this tv show
    When you ToggleWatched from the MP-TVSeries GUI, it will mark as watched/unwatched anything you can currently see for the selected item :) So if you did it at the Series Level then all underlying season / episodes which are visible when you enter the series in the GUI will be marked as watched. It will only include episodes you don't have locally if you also have enabled to view them in the GUI (Show All Episodes).

You can also mark as Unwatched from the MP-TVSeries GUI as well on Entire TV shows, Seasons and Episodes (it works on what you can see in the GUI). You can also manage your watched / unwatched from the Trakt GUI windows as well if you don't happen to have the shows in your local database.

Last edited:

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies

I managed to fix this using the win phone app, added the show as a favourite, witch added every episode into my collection, then when I removed from favourite on phone it totally removed all records of the show, collection and watched

still unsure how it happened originally, but have got it fixed now

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Don't be so embarrassed about watching neighbors?

I like a bit of escapism with the Aus/NZ soaps (as well as ones from the UK)

Good job I didn't wrongly scrobble from one of the UK soaps, it has been going for over 50 years, that would well and truly be my top watched show :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom