Help us testing the new TsWriter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    --- Edit ---
    Thanks everyone for the help with testing the new tswriter.
    it has allready been added to our svn now and is included in all daily builds.
    :D
    --- Edit ---

Hi,
    i just finished the first version of a modified TsWriter filter for TvServer.
    We discovered that there were some errors in the section decoder code and possibly some other bugs too.
    I rewrote the SectionDecoder from scratch and modified some other parts to work with it.
    After some attempts it seems to work now for most of the team members.
    We decided that it's time to share this version with the community and get some additional feedback.
    Because TsWriter is very vital part of the TvServer we decided not to put it directly into SVN but provide a compiled version in this thread.
    The following errors MIGHT BE fixed with this TsWriter:
    - "no audio/video"
    - gaps in the epg
    - pcr/pts/dts errors
    To test, just install the latest SVN, stop TvService and exchange the TsWriter.ax filter with the one from this thread.
    We are very excited about your feedback :)

Update 25.01.2008 13:09 (V2)
    - Fixed a bug in the section decoder which caused not all sections to be found

Update 25.01.2008 17:23 (V3)
    - Fixed another bug in the section decoder.
    This is the first time my version provided better results while scanning than the SVN version, so it's really worth a try.

Update 25.01.2008 19:08 (V4)
    - fixed manual scanning

Update 30.01.2008 18:08 (V5)
    - again rewrote the section decoder. Should now also work for NA users :)

Update 31.01.2008 17:44 SVN
    - optimized all grabbers/scanners
    - fixed a bug where the sectiondecoder enters an infinite loop
    - this version is the default in SVN now and will be installed with next snapshot

Note:
    If you are using a technotrend card and encounter problems, then please have a look at ::this thread:: :D

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any idea if the recorded ATSC no audio problem has been fixed? I'll test myself in a few hours but was wondering. Thanks.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Looks good so far,in svn17150; I am also seeing a drop in cpu usage which may(!) be connected. Impressive. thanks.

Not knowing the code in depth does this handle the graph build for the TVSERVER ?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Looks good so far,in svn17150; I am also seeing a drop in cpu usage which may(!) be connected. Impressive. thanks.

Not knowing the code in depth does this handle the graph build for the TVSERVER ?

TsWriter.ax is not effecting the graph building. It's only one of the components that get added to the graph.

About the CPU usage, it's possible that it would be affected by the new code (as every single transport stream packet goes thru the TsWriter filter.) I myself cannot say if teh CPU usage has dropped as the TV3 has had already only a small CPU footprint on my HTPC. For example running four different recordings simultaneous with two DVB cards the CPU usage has been around 10%.

ps. I pressed the "thanks" button when I did mean to quote, but you have been already providing lot of valuable test results for TVE3 so it's not a bad mistake :D

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cannot say if it's the newest SVN or the modified TsWriter, but it's the first time i can watch live tv without any stutters or flickers. Great work :) .

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I wanted to start from the beginning with this new TSwriter.ax file. I deleted my old database, loaded on 17153 and selected one trasponder to scan in channels. At this point, I would say scanning NA sats with the new Tswriter is not working. I swiched between the new file and 17153. With 17153, I get 6 tv channels and 8 radio channels. Also, the names of the channels come in correctly. With the new version, I only get 3 tv channels and 6Radio channels and the names are "Unknown 4A59" I have attached 2 logs below. One is the logs for 17153 and the other is for the new version.

This is probalby one of the reason, why the EPG grabber is not working for the latest version of the tswriter file. I you need anything else, or want me to test something more specific, please let me know.

aswieton

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2007
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    nothing change

I have TT-Connect S2-3650 CI and still (old tswriter file have the same issue) have no audio/video error on scrambled channel. Used last SVN of TV server and new TSwriter file. The TV server still can't unscramble it with my CI.
    TT application (witch is terrible - blue screen all the time) do it without any problems so my TT box is technically fine. If you want to I can attached some logs but most often this error massage appears:

TechnoTrend: bdaapiCIGetSlotStatus failed:15

Of course not scrambled channel works fine in tvserver but it's not so funny to watch arabic tv all the time.

Sorry for english.

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gemx.

Another evening testing the new tswriter. This time based on 17150 (so "Sat.1" isn't black anymore ;)).
    Still no issues. The new writer works flawless.
    Epg grabbing is working as well. By the way: There's one thing we know for sure now... The "epg idle grabber locks the card bug" is not depending on the SectionDecoding of the TsWriter. :p (just kidding)
    But it is still there.

Another issue that is most likely more related the the TsReader, but that I have seen more often with your new TsWriter is the following: (maybe simply bad luck)
    When switching from a channel that uses normally mpg2 as Audio (i.e. RTL2 over Astra 19.2) to a channel like "Das Erste" that uses 2 times Mpg1 and 1 AC3 audio track, it quit ofter takes ages until the audio catchup the video. That means you have i.e. 30sec no sound. If I use the skip fwd button once, audio is there immediately.

But beside that. I got not a single hanging after channel change (we are zapping like crazy during a commercial break ;)) and also a longer recording was done without issues.

Bye
    Lars

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi gemx,
    this is a very good news.

I'll made some tests on your new tswriter in the weekend. I'm interested in the "Jump in PCR detected" thing..

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just posted a new version.
    Always check first post for updates.

ASiDiE
    Please try again with this version. It hopefully fixes your "service mismatch" errors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom