[HELP] Using original title with add Foreign title (1 Viewer)

zpower

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
- Enable 'Original Title' option via the IMDb+ plugin to import the same movie as "Chin gei bin".​
- Enable 'Add Foreign Title' option for "Vampire Effect (Chin gei bin)".​
- Enable 'Foreign Title First' option for "Chin gei bin (Vampire Effect)".​

Hi,
I have some problem with the option "original title".
I have about 600 movies in my database with all title in inglish but i want to use inglish title with foreign title.

Exemple: The Hunger Games (Os jogos da Fome) - http://www.imdb.pt/title/tt1392170

I try force update with IMDB+ but nothing...

Need some help please :(

Great job with this plugin
Best regards

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using it and it works perfect here. Try the following settings:

- Use the original Title from the movie - OFF
    - Add the foreign Title - ON
    - Refresh all the fields - ON

And then try a refresh on your movies. I'd suggest to try it first with the option "Update movies starting with..." and pick a short list. If all seems to work good, then you can refresh the entire database.

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I'm using it and it works perfect here. Try the following settings:

- Use the original Title from the movie - OFF
    - Add the foreign Title - ON
    - Refresh all the fields - ON

And then try a refresh on your movies. I'd suggest to try it first with the option "Update movies starting with..." and pick a short list. If all seems to work good, then you can refresh the entire database.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    I test your config but dont work :(

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Those options are meant for English-language users, for when IMDb.com website has an 'Original title' such as on an Asian movie like: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0089374/

So that option allows an English user to use the 'Original Title' setting to get "Ging chat goo si", or "Police Story" or "Police Story (Ging chat goo si)" or "Ging chat goo si (Police Story)".

But you are using the Portugese language option, which allows you to get Portugese title via imdb.pt but then there is no 'original title' to be used.

The English title however is available, so I could use that in combination with the foreign title to get the effect you are after.

Except you gave a horrible title example where some Portugese IMDb editor decided to combine the English and Portugese titles together. So the result you will get then is "The Hunger Games - Os Jogos da Fome (The Hunger Games)" out of the "Portugese (English)" combination.

The result will be a confusing situation with settings getting a different meaning depending on the value of another setting, but that has already happened to some degree, and simply highlights that I really need to rework the wiki to explain all these cross-combinations better :)

zpower: So let me know if that works for you and I can modify the IMDb+ scraper-script to allow for that combination to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom