Operating System [Help]Win 7, no network after Standby/Hibernate (1 Viewer)

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello all,

I ran out of options to solve the following problem and I need your advice.

After return from standby or hibernating the network and internet connection did not re-establish.
    The eventviewer ( I typed "eventvwr.exe" in the "Run" window) shows that the DHCP server( which's my router) does not provide an IP address for that computer. Other PC's ( 4 ) in the network are working well and showing not that behaviour and 2 of them are also on Win7.

I tried:
    - static IP adress -> no success
    - checked the router and the belonging address range -> no success
    - disabling network adapter ( Network IC) in hardware manager when returning from standby -> works
    - then re-enabling network adapter in hardware manager when returning from standby -> failure, Win7 freezes, hard boot
    - same behaviour when I try with MPstandby handler and external batch file.
    - in command console I tried different "powercfg" commands
    - latest driver for network adapter

Network adapter can be disabled and enabled in hardware manager once a network connection is established but not when returning from Standby/Hibernate neither manually in hw manager nor with batch files using devcon.exe

Any other ideas ?

Thanks.
    ieb

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, what happens when you reboot?
    hi peter,

when rebooting all is okay.
    forgot to mention that when returning from stdby/hibn the name of network connection has changed ( mine's "internet" and after return from stdby/hibern the name is "Lan-Verbindung 2") Is that a hint?

ieb

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No, thought so but it was worth trying.
    What system are you using; networkcard/-driver?

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what do you mean with system? I guess the OS? It's Win7 32 bit. The NIC driver is from Realtek. Mhh, I got mine from Gigabytes website. I will have a look at Realtek website when I'm at home and have the belonging name. Maybe that helps. *fingers crossed*

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Based on the information in the article, I would advice to look for the most recent driver - which is not a bad idea anyway but in some situations you don't want that.
    I have noticed more then once that the mobo makers don't have the most recent drivers on their website.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Or uninstall and delete driver software using device manager, then windows will use the windows generic driver for network connection.

The LAN connector is the most reliable piece of equipment on a pc, so really surprised of your disconnection.

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am going insane. The latest driver wasn't the solution. Okay then I'll try Paranoid Delusions . If that not help, I try a separate LAN card. Thanx for your help so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom