Help with MAME and MyPrograms (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I thought I'd try the promising MyPrograms Plugin and Mame. I have installed mame32 and got a rom (minigolf) placed in the roms directory but can't get MP to import anything.

1. How do I get MP to recognize my roms
2. The directories 'snap', 'flyers' etc. doesn't exist should I create them manually?

Thanks in advance.

/Moltas

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi Moltas,

Here is a quick howto:
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7237

1. How do I get MP to recognize my roms
You need to click the "Update Database" button in the configuration to run the mame-importer. This will query your rom directory and import games found.
If you don't see your MINIGOLF game in this list, it won't appear in MP either.

2. The directories 'snap', 'flyers' etc. doesn't exist should I create them manually?
No, you don't need them to play mame games through MediaPortal.
Of course myPrograms looks much better with screenshots, but it's nothing but eye-candy.

If you don't have any images at all:

Make sure that the option "Only import files with valid images" is turned OFF

and make sure that the option "Only import Originals (no clones)" is turned OFF if you've only got one game.

Hope that helps, otherwise please tell me the steps you are doing and what exactly is going wrong.

Regards,

Daniel

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
Thanks for your reply Daniel, it's really impressive that you take your time to help! Many many thanks! :D

Well, on with my problem. I have pressed the 'Update database' button but it doesn't help. I've unchecked the two options you mentioned but still nothing.

I haven't tried the latest CVS cause when I do MP doesn't recognize my Nova-T card so I can't delete the "nodes" in the tree (I hope you understand what I mean)

I'll keep fiddling with this and if you have some ideas they would very much be appreciated.

/Moltas

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
Just to prove what a newbie I am I will reveal what I did wrong. :lol:

I mistook mame.exe with mame32.exe. That explained why I didn't have the 'snap', 'flyers' etc directories. Once I downloaded the correct mame32 application it went just fine.

Sorry to have bothered you :oops:

/Moltas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom