Help with Media Portal and Compro Videomate Vista T100 Remote (1 Viewer)

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
Hi all,

I am new to Media Portal and this is my first post in the forums, so I apologise if this is the wrong place for my post and fplease move it to a relevant section if necessary, but Im hoping someone out there with a similar setup may be able to help me or point me in the right direction....

I am using media portal on Windows XP and everything is running well. I recently got a new tv tuner - the Compro Videomate Vista T100 with mce (card style) remote. The functions seem to work ok with media portal only if I have the compro remote HID software running, but some of the buttons dont work as they are designed for windows vista according to the information manual (notably the green start button and guide button). I have also installed the mptray plugin to start media centre by pressing the green button on my remote but here is where the problem lies - the green button is disabled.

Is there a way to get the green button working for this remote and media portal so that I can start the program from the lounge and not have to get up to start media portal? (I use my computer as a pc above all, and just use media portal for any multimedia so dont want to have to have media portal running on boot).

Thanks in advance!

Compro Videomate Vista T100 with mce (card style) remote. The functions seem to work ok with media portal only if I have the compro remote HID software running, but some of the buttons dont work as they are designed for windows vista according to the information manual (notably the green start button and guide button).

This is in fact wrong, I just tried to play a video, and none of the playback buttons worked, just the navigation buttons for the menus (which were not working with my previous remote).

Has anyone gotten this remote working in media portal, and if so how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the quick response and yes that indeed fixed that annoying issue. Appreciate the help. Now I have to fix the mute and volume buttons on the remote. I assume MC was controlling those functions. I wonder what else on the remote needs fixing. Update: Seems one of the HID devices in Windows Device Manager was disabled. Once it...
Thanks for the quick response and yes that indeed fixed that annoying issue. Appreciate the help. Now I have to fix the mute and...
I have this remote that for some reason the buttons below the mute button on the remote goes to the Media Portal then it calls up...
Replies
Views
I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my compiled .exe and add it to the autostart folder of Windows 8.1 and above. The functionality then is, when you press the Volume Up button on your MCE remote, this will send ALT+TAB to your HTPC, bringing...
I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my...
This is something completely new for me. I've had this installation for a long time and the only thing I've change AFAIK, is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without audio. I configured the video and audio codecs following the video playback guide available on this forum. I have to say that recently I uninstalled a video card to put it in another office PC and now for...
Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
Replies
Views
Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed separately. The call which fails above is related to the Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) which doesn't seem to find required filters
Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed...
I have a new install of Windows 10 (2004), running Media Portal 2.2.3, on a machine that's set up to be a dedicated HTPC. I can...
Replies
Views
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom