Help with Media Portal and Compro Videomate Vista T100 Remote (1 Viewer)

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
Hi all,

I am new to Media Portal and this is my first post in the forums, so I apologise if this is the wrong place for my post and fplease move it to a relevant section if necessary, but Im hoping someone out there with a similar setup may be able to help me or point me in the right direction....

I am using media portal on Windows XP and everything is running well. I recently got a new tv tuner - the Compro Videomate Vista T100 with mce (card style) remote. The functions seem to work ok with media portal only if I have the compro remote HID software running, but some of the buttons dont work as they are designed for windows vista according to the information manual (notably the green start button and guide button). I have also installed the mptray plugin to start media centre by pressing the green button on my remote but here is where the problem lies - the green button is disabled.

Is there a way to get the green button working for this remote and media portal so that I can start the program from the lounge and not have to get up to start media portal? (I use my computer as a pc above all, and just use media portal for any multimedia so dont want to have to have media portal running on boot).

Thanks in advance!

Compro Videomate Vista T100 with mce (card style) remote. The functions seem to work ok with media portal only if I have the compro remote HID software running, but some of the buttons dont work as they are designed for windows vista according to the information manual (notably the green start button and guide button).

This is in fact wrong, I just tried to play a video, and none of the playback buttons worked, just the navigation buttons for the menus (which were not working with my previous remote).

Has anyone gotten this remote working in media portal, and if so how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom