Help with myEmulators skin for StreamedMP (1 Viewer)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
How do I get my hands on this .xml? Looks great and would love to try it out.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
First of all, take a backup of the one you already have, ex, save it as myemulators.backup.xml. Then replace all the info in the .xml with the code from this post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...skin-streamedmp-52289/index2.html#post3941418

Also, see this post for a little "final touch":

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-skin-streamedmp-52289/index3.html#post402047

Then you save the file as myemulators.xml. Be sure to change the 'Save as type' from .txt to 'All files'

It's not finished at all, so be sure to back up you old .xml in case you don't like it. I might continue working on this skin in a few weeks, but i'm too busy working on my boat atm.

Actually i think this would work for you....

Code:
<control>
      <description>FanArt Background</description>
      <type>image</type>
      <id>0</id>
      <posX>0</posX>
      <posY>0</posY>
      <width>1280</width>
      <height>720</height>
      <texture>emulator\#selecteditem.jpg</texture>
      <visible>!Control.IsVisible(1232)</visible>
    </control>

I used something similar in my PC games myEmulator for screenshots...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...overart-screenshots-working-58372/#post407968

but it can work for fanart backdrops... i've tried it!

The #selecteditem.jpg is what you needed. Just have your fanart pics name match your game exactly!

Sounds logic.

Do you think we can use a emulator based fanart instead of a rom-based one? Seems like a lot of work to keep a fanart for each game, i just want mario for nintendo emulators, sonic for sega emulators and something else for pc games. This is actually the same thing i wonder about to get the emulator title visible too, dunno how to get that...

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
I've been using this for a bit and like the layout. Has there been any updates? Any way to make the boxes that are wide actually appear wide rather than narrowed out?

Anyways, thank you for the effort!

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Where do I need to put a jpg to change the background art? Also, can I have the background art change with each emulator and just that? i.e. not every game just every system.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
I've been using this for a bit and like the layout. Has there been any updates? Any way to make the boxes that are wide actually appear wide rather than narrowed out?
Anyways, thank you for the effort!
Sorry, no updates. I haven't had time. Maybe i'll do a bit more work with it lather, but there's so much to learn just to make this one skin, hehe, so don't hold your breath =) And no, i don't know how to fix the image sizes, but i guess it's possible....
Where do I need to put a jpg to change the background art? Also, can I have the background art change with each emulator and just that? i.e. not every game just every system.
Quite frankly, i don't remember, but i think it's mentioned earlier in this post. If you don't find it here, you can try to locate your current fanart, and place the images in that folder. No, at the moment there's no way to have emulator-based fanart, unfortunately. Hopefully i'll figure it out sometime later ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom