hi im new and think i need help (1 Viewer)

pep4uk

August 1, 2011
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
:oops: hiya
i have just joined the forum,
i am Pep from Dundee Scotland
i am so lost here hoping maybe some one can help me .
i have just wired my sky box up so i can record to my pc
the way i have done it is ...................
scart socket into scart 2
then the coloured leads plugged into the scart from bk of tv
other end of coloured leads are connected to an easy capure usb into my pc.
thats it but i cannot find my sky channel at all on the this prog so i can record it.
can any one help me please,
and maybe give me step by step instructions on how i can see my sky.
thankyou so much to anyone who can help me
ty Pep
:D

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

Looks like the "easy capture usb" does not have a tuner and as far as I know, MP can only utilize tuner devices.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Pep... Welcome!!

If I understand your post correctly, I would have thought you had got some video capture software bundled with your Easy Capture USB - this is usually the case. If you want to record the output from your Sky box, I would have thought that would be the easier route than using MediaPortal. You should be able to choose your input to your bundled software and then "see" it prior to hitting the record button.

Please forgive me if I am making the wrong the assumption here and your understanding of MediaPortal, but MediaPortal is used as a complete solution for watching TV, DVD's, Music, Pictures etc, etc. What most people do is install a TV receiver card into their PC and use that for recording and viewing TV as it is a more streamlined solution than using external STB's. Just by way of a brief outline, MediaPortal consists of two elements, one is known as the TV Server, and the other is generally known as the Client. The TV Server is set up to receive either Freeview or Satellite TV (depending upon the internal TV Cards used) and this then passes the decoded TV signal to the Client, or Clients for watching. The TV Server part does the recording, decoding and channel changing etc.

If you need any further help or assistance just shout, we are a friendly bunch on here, and there are others with a far greater technical knowledge than I who would be able to assist with any difficulties.

HTH,

M.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi pep4uk

I can confirm that we don't support the easy capure usb right now. With a little luck, it may be supported in MP 1.3.0, however that is obviously no good to you right now.

:sorry:
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom