Hibernation in shutdown dialog box (1 Viewer)

martusi

Portal Member
April 18, 2005
Palermo, Italy
In shutdown dialog box i have shutdown,reboot and standby but not hibernation.
Thanks

Windows XP mce
MP 0.1.3.0
ffdshow audio

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I second this feature request. I usually put my PC into a deep sleep when I am done using it.

But there is a workaround:
    You can use the MyHome Plugin to add a Hibernate option to your Home menu.

(Script Function)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any update :?:

Sp4AIh5.jpg

Is it so hard to realise?
    When will this come :?:
    It's just a small but would be a nice feature.

Regards
    Ralph

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    changelog said:
    MediaPortal GUI
    On 28/11/2005 [17:50:57] Smirnuff added the following change: Added hibernate option to shutdown menu

At least we are able to Hibernate PC in shutdown menu.
    Thanks for that. :lol:
    I tested it and found out, that before goint into hibernate, MP will be closed and is not getting started after resume.
    Besides MP will not start a record when it’s closed before hibernate. :(
    Is it possible to change this, so that MP will not be closed?

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx derails (symptoms are: frozen image, or sound only at video playback) Mind you, it's MP client only, no tvservice, and mp shutdown before sleep (and ofcourse start again at wake) Edit: leaving MP running...
    that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx...
    Hello my media portal doesn't start anymore, it was working fine yesterday but impossible to start now. The last time I shutdown...
    Replies
    Views
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the Schedules Direct plugin.
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the...
    I don't know if anyone is still supporting SchedulesDirect at this point, but I'm about to toss my HTPC in the garbage because I...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
    Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
    My computer is running Windows 10 Pro . I have Comcast cable. I have a set top box. Installed in the computer is a Hauppauge...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install and I'm just using to blast channels to a Scientific Atlanta STB thats being decoded by an HDPVR. Everything works perfectly, but after some time (less than a day), it starts having an issue where the...
    Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
    Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
    Replies
    Views
    Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did the trick! Thanks all for your help with this.
    Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did...
    I recently installed MediaPortal 2.4 on a new computer and copied several TV shows from the previous one to an external drive...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom