Hidden items not staying hidden (1 Viewer)

MatthiasB

Portal Member
April 21, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi i've been using MP TV series for a while and I love it.

Recently I upgraded Media Portal and MP TV series to the latest versions. With a lot of my TV series the opening and ending come as separate files that are placed in the same folder as the episode files. Normally I would just set MP TV series to hide them but now that I'm using the latest release the files won't stay hidden. When I hide them they will reappear later on and if I look in the MP TV series config menu the hidden flag is set to 0.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Gremlins? ... Honestly wouldn't have a clue as hidden items are staying hidden for me.

Will need you to narrow it down if possible, otherwise will be very difficult to resolve. Clear and Simple reproducible steps is what we need (create a fresh database with a few sample files if need be).

MatthiasB

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I believe it has something to do with putting the computer into sleep mode/turning off. I've recently been keeping the computer on all the time and the hidden items have stayed hidden since my first post.

If I get some time I'll make a small test database and record every step I take during the creation.

goodmane

Portal Member
    October 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey there,
    Did you guys ever figure this out? I have several items that are clearly marked as Hidden and "Ignore on Scan" in the MPTVSeries config menu but within MP they still show up for me too. I must be missing something here!

UPDATE: I just poked around some more and found out that in order for the episodes to actually be hidden in MP, you have to UNCHECK the "Show Hidden Episodes" in the configuration page and leave it unchecked. I figured that having that checked would allow me to look at the hidden episodes ONLY in the configuration screen and not within MP. But apparently it controls whether they are also shown in MP as well. Just though i'd include this in case anyone was confused by this as well.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I figured that having that checked would allow me to look at the hidden episodes ONLY in the configuration screen and not within MP. But apparently it controls whether they are also shown in MP as well. Just though i'd include this in case anyone was confused by this as well.

This is new functionality, we also included the ability to toggle this behaviour from the GUI as well. See the Menu (F9/INFO)->Actions->'Show Hidden Items'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom