Hide cdrom drives (1 Viewer)

Telstar

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
From Videos and Music list and start from the first folder opened (i.e. d:\music)

I know that you can remember the last position, but it would be better to hide the ODDs. If I delete them from the config and then launch MP, they are still there.

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
I've 2 ODD a Pioneer one that is slowd to be a silenty player an another Sony that is the writer...
I want that MP sees only the Pioneer not the Sonybecause when I burn a disc and Nero ends Mp tries to play the file on it... this is a lot annoying for me...

If I delete the Sony it reappears again after MP is restarted :D

Zippy2000

Portal Member
September 25, 2007
The problem here is that every time you start the MediaPortal Config, the cd/dvd drives will be re-added to the folder list.
I find this very annoying as well, I'm deleting these drives for a specific reason, why would I want to have them back :)?

I think it must be relatively easy to remove this feature?
If there is any reason why this should stay implemented I would like to hear it.

maximuz

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
Stavropol region, Zheleznovodsk
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I have the same problem, and this problem includes second one:
When there's no disc in DVD-Drive and I press Enter key (or MCE Remote "OK" button) on CD/DVD icon - Media Portal freezes for about half-minute or even more, and if I do some actions at this freezing period (like pressing arrow key or any other) Media Portal performs it all quckly but after unfreeze.
That's why I want to remove drive icons from Music, Video and Pictures menu.

But if I select "Play DVD" menu, Media Portal instantly gives a message "Insert disc" and there's no any freezes.

I'm using MediaPortal_0.2.3.0

maximuz

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
Home Country
I've found the way to solve this problem :D

1) Unpack RemoveCDDVD.zip archive attached in this post and run RemoveCDDVD.exe file.

2) In destination folder choose your Media Portal folder, if your MP installed in default folder - just press next.

3) Open removecddvd.cmd file that appears in your MP folder with Notepad.

4) Edit all you need in this file:

I have 2 DVD Drives in my system (E:\ and F:\) and for my system it looks like

Code:
cd %SYSTEMDRIVE%\"Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\"
call Configuration.exe

cscript removecddvd.vbs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\"Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml" "(E:) CD/DVD" " "
cscript removecddvd.vbs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\"Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml" "E:\" " "

cscript removecddvd.vbs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\"Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml" "(F:) CD/DVD" " "
cscript removecddvd.vbs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\"Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml" "F:\" " "

if your drive letters are different - replace (for example E: to X: and F: to Y: ), or what your DVD drives letters have.

if you have one DVD drive in your system - just delete 2 last strings in this file

if you have three DVD drives - put one more pair of strings in this file, and so on.

!!! If your MP installed in not default folder (for example: D:\Mediaportal) certainly replace in this file all

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\"Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\"

with

"D:\Mediaportal"

5) Instead of "MediaPortal Configuration" shortcut use "MP Configuration" shortcut from your desktop, or put this shortcut anywhere you want to run it from

You'll never see DVD drives in My Music, My Video and My Pictures menus. :D

P.S.: I don't know how it will be work in other versions of Media Portal but in MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 it works fine and if in other versions structure of MediaPortal.xml file wasn't changed it will also work fine

maximuz

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
Home Country
I've just found that it disables DVD from MP at all, so if you select "Play DVD" or "Play CD" menu MP will ask you to insert disc.
Thus MediaPortal don't see any discs inserted in you CD/DVD drive.
So I'll try to do something with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom