High Def Input Card (1 Viewer)

2hype

Portal Member
December 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I want my HTPC computer to accept High Definition Cable via my set top box through HDMI. This way I can record high definition tv and play High Definition Video on my TV through my media portal box.

Thinking that there was no pci express card that would accept a HDMI input I came accross the Blackmagic Intensity HDMI Editing Card. It has a HDMI input and a HDMI output. Would something like this work in media portal. Does anyone have there media portal connected to a cable/sattellite box via a HDMI input card.

Website of the card
http://www2.promax.com/Blackmagic-D...efinition-HDMI-Capture-Card?sc=2&category=287

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok, this has me interested!

I Would also love know if this would work with MP - currently stuck with only 1 unscrambled High Def channel in the UK and no way to pump HD ouput into a capture card (that I know of)

Sorry I can't help with question but I might have a closed look at this...

Autoper

Portal Pro
January 24, 2005
Stavanger, Norway
This would be indeed very interesting!

One thing is the ability to view hd tv from set-top box, but I am even more interested in gaming (PS3, Xbox360...) at HD res. thru MP. I am tired of changing channels on my scaler and want to use MP as scaler (mostly for Wii) with the ability to get MP messages on the screen when I'm gaming :)

Sharps

March 23, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
trevor - did you look into the Blackmagic Intensity HDMI Editing Card case ? Would be nice to record via this card

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
August 22, 2008
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
You will never get this happening, as the HDCP handshake prevents it.

If you look at the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle, then you could use component to get HD video. That would probably work as it's an analog hole but forget getting DD as there is no SPDIF on that model. You would be stuck with analog 2 channel.

You can look at the HD PVR from Hauppauge. It's been around for 2 years and does work in MP.
The forum thread is here
Just be warned that it's not 100% stable for everyone.

edit:
just saw that this is an old thread. I was looking into the Blackmagic myself and found this thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom