Home 'blanks' when mouse is moved (1 Viewer)

timofcourse

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Really strange here... every time I move the mouse when using the Aeon skin, the background and menu items "blank out" as seen attached. The second I press any keyboard key it comes back to normal again. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    26 KB

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This is a known issue with this skin.
There isn't a bug fix for this yet.

best fix -> Don't use a mouse ;-)

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Not possible as that homescreen rox :D

Even moved it with me to titanium^^
[off topic]
Indeed.
I like the Titanium skin.. But I don't like the Titanium Home Screen.
Is it easy to fix a custom homescreen for the Titanium Skin?
[/off topic]

dreamwalker

Portal Member
July 16, 2008
I'm having the same problem. I use the gyration remote and mouse is pretty handy. For a skin this popular, I'm surprise this is still a bug...:eek:

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Its still a bug because there is no way to fix it.. Plenty people have tried, but the way the menu is built is to show "abc" when "b" has focus, so when b looses focus "abc" dissappears. For a menu like this(things offscreen moving onscreen, and changing fanart for every menu item) to function in MP the way the skin-engine is built now, thats the only way to do it.

So unless someone has an idea, its gonna stay a bug for a long time.. Btw use a remote, and the problem is solved. Doesnt cost much for a mce remote these days, like 40$?

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
And what about ignoring other key or remote presses apart from cursor left-right ? I don't even know if it's possible, but would solve the problem if it were. You could press "up" or "down" or use the mouse in those directions and nothing would happen. Anyway with a normal behaviour nothing would happen...

Sambal

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've tried to fix this, given it a lot of thought but couldn't come up with a solution.

As Darre said, it's a sideeffect of the way the menu is set up. Maybe there is a way but it would undoubtfully make this already complex xml way more complex.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
You could make a control the size of the area above the menu, and set the menu to show when it has focus. That would make the menu not go away, but you would still have the menu reseting to that given position every time you move the mouse. Would look better, but still not usable with a mouse.

I set the default background to my video folder, so when I do use a mouse, at least the background keeps cycling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom