Home Energy Consumption & Mediaportal Integration (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello everyone, just wanted to show a completely new use for mediaportal, which is very simple and quite cool.

Recently I have been wondering how to cut my energy bill. I came across an incredible project that allowed you to measure your home consumption for very little money and very very easy.
    The project is Home | OpenEnergyMonitor and the author has made an excelptional work on making something easy, cheap and fast to build.

There where other alternatives as Home l efergy, but i wanted something i could have complete control over it, and be able to customize as I wished.

So after creating some cool websites based on the data captured for my home I though to integrate it to mediaportal.

Thanks to edsche and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/geckobrowser-v0-1-21-04-2010-new-70005/ I was able to do so.

Let me show a screenshot of the result so far.

I need to improve a lot the visuals but so far its working

btw, i know that some values are wrong (real power, and power factor) i need to fix it.

I will post more screenshots and info if anyone is interested and I have time.

Let me know what you think
    ;)

Attachments

• mpenergyconsumption.jpg
      mpenergyconsumption.jpg
      178.4 KB

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Nice - But how do you connect to your electricity supply for monitoring?

Just a 220V connector or do you need more centralized connections?

/Morten

munklefish

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2006
    Not that cheap when you add it all up approx £100 ???

Far too complicated for me -and I'm not that unskilled- and most MP users I imagine, sadly.

Now if someone could tell me how to do this by converting my Humm Minim device (power usage monitor) that I got free from British Gas............

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    100 pounds??
    Maybe not dead cheap, but its a matter of learning new stuff and in the meantime making it into something usefull.

nevertheless, I would say:
    - 22euros arduino
    - 30 euros ethernet shield
    - 9 euros CT sensor
    - 5 euros resistors...
    total: around 66 euros

its a hobbie, so i guess that says it all. just like htpcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom