Home menu (1 Viewer)

leftfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2008
    I've got two problems with my home menu screen:

1. Backgrounds aren't displayed except Games & Sports. Only the defaults are there, I've never changed the images. Something strange happens on movies and seems to quickly display the movies image followed by the settings image before a blank background reappears.
    2. Whenever returning to the main menu it's always got movies highlighted regardless of where I've just been. Not sure if this an issue on my configuration or a feature ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for your report. Can you please upload the fanarthandler.log from your mediaportal log directory. You find the directory by pressing your windows start button and go Programs\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Also, what version of MP are you using? Last, can you please upload your basichome.xml file. I think this is the same issue intered had in this thread (link). If so the solution should be the same.

best regards
    cul8er

leftfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2008
    Sorry for the delay. See files attached.

Note Fanarthandler.log does not get any information inserted into it when I reproduce this problem. ie If I delete the log file, go into media portal and navigate around the main menu, the log file isn't even recreated. I have included one as an example though in case it helps.

I am using MP v1.0.4.23491 but I'm sure I had the same issue with 1.02.

I haven't upgraded to the latest skin yet, would you rather I did that? I wanted to wait a while before upgrading.

I've looked at the link you suggested, I don't have a Fanarthandler.org in the database directory. I haven't removed Fanarthandler.db3 yet given the other file was missing.

Thanks again for a great skin!

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi leftfield,

I will release a new version of the skin within a couple of days. Speed improvements and some improvements in onlinevideos and so on. It will also include version 1.5 of the fanart handler plugin and that will hopefully solve your problem. As you haven't upgraded your xfactor skin you have a very old version of the fanart handler plugin installed and also miss the fanarthandler.org database file that is required. Please hold on for a day or so until the new version is out.

best regards
    cul8er

leftfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2008
    Much appreciatedd, that fixed the problem with the images not displaying.

I notice that XFactor still doesn't seem to remember which menu it was in when you return to the main menu. Instead it returns to the main menu with the highlighted menu bein the one selected in 'Default Menu' in the configuration tool.

So If I've gone into TV Series and returned to the main menu it would return with movies highlighted if that is my default menu. This isn't how applications normally work but is there a design reason behind it happening here.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi leftfield,

Thanks for your feedback. The reason why I haven't used the "remember last focused" feature is that it caused to many problems. I will see if MP 1.1 have solved them because this was in the 1.0.2 days;) I'll let you know if this is working in MP1.1 and if I will include it in next version.

cheers
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom