Home Screen Fanart Delay (1 Viewer)

Boony

Portal Member
October 29, 2009
Townsville
Home Country
Hi All,

I just updated to MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2 and to StreamedMP 1.0.2 stable and now I'm getting a 2 second black screen when returning to the Home screen from any menu options. The fanart does eventually appear after the 2 seconds of black screen, it's not a big deal......it's just a bit annoying.

On another note, thanks for all your effort going into this skin. It looks fantastic!

Cheers,
Boony.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That has been fixed 6 days ago:

Go download the latest StreamedMP Editor and copy the LoadingBackdrop.png into StreamedMP\media folder

That should give you a 2 seconds fading logo while the fanart is being loaded ;)

I didn't like the 'gold' color of that 1, so blackEyEz created a nice blue logo for StreamedMP.
    I've attached it if you prefer it. All credits to blackEyEz for this (and his amazing splashscreens!) :D

Attachments

• LoadingBackdrop.png
      LoadingBackdrop.png
      14.7 KB

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Home Screen Fanart Delay

Is this loading Screen an workaround for an general RC2 issue, or is this an final solution? :confused:

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Home Screen Fanart Delay

Is this loading Screen an workaround for an general RC2 issue, or is this an final solution? :confused:

It not to do wth any MP RC2 issue but is there to hide the delay while fanart handler loads images into memory. Clu8er changed the way FH works and now pre-loads images, see quote below from the FH wiki.

V1.6 - Images are now loaded asynchronous when a MP window is opened. This means that for example in basichome where you may have alot of random images a delay can occur from the time the window displays until images are loaded and shown. To resolve this you can add an image that fades while the loading of all the rest of the images occur

And hence the image.....

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

And the reason for the change is that it speeds up loading basichome quite a lot (especially for slower systems). Next version of fanart handler loads faster and you will hopefully be watching the loading image a little less ;)

cheers
    cul8er

Boony

Portal Member
    October 29, 2009
    Townsville
    Home Country
    Sweet! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Will anything break if I upgrade the Fanart Handler plugin to the latest 1.10 version?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sweet! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Will anything break if I upgrade the Fanart Handler plugin to the latest 1.10 version?

It shouldn't ;)

Just backup your file(s) before overwriting them with the new one(s) so you can always roll back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom