Tools and other software Command & Information Center (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried do install the plugin from the link you provided on the first page, but got only "SharpDisplayManager.application" which is not an executable file I guess

Opening this file should start the installation process. It's a Microsoft ClickOnce application.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, got it last week.
    Could you do anything with it yet?
    Are you using a 4K TV? Did the Pulse Eight provide HDMI cable work with 4K?
    When I upgraded to 4K I had to replace their small HDMI cable as it did not support 4K.
    Then again I bought mine long before 4K was a thing.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should work with 4k. On their homepage they advertise it as compatible with HDMI 2.0a and HDMI 2.b. So I suppose it works. Does MP support 4k? But I think my onboard graphic device won't work with 4k. I'll test it.

I tried to open SharpDisplayManger.application with "right mouse-click - open with - Click Once Application Deployment Support Library" --- but nothing happened. Maybe something is wrong with my system. As soon as MP 1.16.0 final is released I will update it on my main HTPC and try to install HTCIC

regards

eagle

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should work with 4k. On their homepage they advertise it as compatible with HDMI 2.0a and HDMI 2.b. So I suppose it works. Does MP support 4k? But I think my onboard graphic device won't work with 4k. I'll test it.

Both MP and that CEC adapter work with 4K. The one thing that did not work in 4K 60Hz was that mini HDMI cable they provide. I was wondering if they fixed that already.

I tried to open SharpDisplayManger.application with "right mouse-click - open with - Click Once Application Deployment Support Library" --- but nothing happened. Maybe something is wrong with my system.

I see. It could be that I removed too many dependencies from the installer. I'll try publish a new installer tonight for you to test.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both MP and that CEC adapter work with 4K. The one thing that did not work in 4K 60Hz was that mini HDMI cable they provide. I was wondering if they fixed that already.
    I played Sony 4k content from youtube and it worked for one. Two or three other trailers started but crashed after a view seconds with a "not available"-error. This happend by reloading the video because it is streamed over dLan-adapters. Maybe the internet connection is way too slow for 4k. As I mentioned in one of my last posts my hardware isn't really ready for 4k :)

regards
    eagle

Last edited:

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    finally it works. I had to install the english version of VC++ runtime 2015. The german version was refused by the system because it deteced a "newer" one during the installation process. Thx so far. I will continue as soon as MP 1.16.0 final has been released

regards
    eagle

Last edited by a moderator:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @eagle Good to know, thanks for the feedback.
    You could already try to exercise the CEC capabilities of your TV.
    That can be done by setting up the CEC tab to the HDMI port you are connected.
    Then you can add a new event and CEC command to test them.
    You could start testing the power off command.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    Does HTCIC depend on the MP version? I installed the plugin on my main HTPC to test CEC commands with my Sony tv set but it doesn't show up the GUI. Installation worked like a charm. MP version is 1.15.0 final

regards

eagle

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does HTCIC depend on the MP version?
    The current release should work with both MP 1.15 and MP 1.16.

I installed the plugin on my main HTPC
    HTCIC (Sharp Display Manager) is not a MediaPortal plug-in. It's a standalone application.
    However MediaPortal MiniDisplay and Auto3D plug-ins can interact with it over a network protocol.

it doesn't show up the GUI
    When you try launching HTCIC (Sharp Display Manager) it won't work?
    Did you check if you could see its icon in the tray/notification area?
    Try double click or right click the icon to bring up the UI.
    If you see the icon but the UI won't show up try closing MP and try again to bring up the UI.

I just tested the installer again and after installation it should launch the application and bring up the following screen.
    If that does not work I'm afraid we still have dependency or system specific issues.
    Possibly related to the fact that you have a German installation of Windows.

upload_2017-3-2_13-4-25.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom