Horrible way MP crashes. anyone working on fixing that ? (1 Viewer)

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
July 15, 2005
NorthPole
Its completly useless when play videofiles it can't handle. Just crashes to a black screen and the onyl thing that works fo rme is a cold reboot to get out of it :(

Can we please have some decent programming that just sees the videofile and says Okies i can't play this so i wont crash. Ill just tell you i cantplay t and move on to the next videofile.

Or if its another problem wher eit tried to play it when it thinks it can and then crashes. Their must be a fix or somthing. I mean all the files which crash on MP play just fine on my other players. These files are not big ones just small ones with many and vaired codecs. But vlc/Irfranview ect play them without trouble.

If every other Videoplayer can do this why no MP :)

Next build i hope.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Wow, nearly all your posts rubbish MP and each time you assume that the problem you are experiencing is due to bad programming on the developers behalf and never ever something you have done wrong.
    As a result, you never publish any system specs or any useful information on the problem *you* are experiencing. Just a lot of complaining and demands for better programing.

I aasumeyou mean that you must have a lot of video files that are corrupt and as such MP crashes when trying to play them.
    I haven't seen this with MP, but since MP uses Windows Media Player to play videos and WMP crashes when I try to play corrupt videos then I would say that's part of where the problem lies.
    Maybe you should make some posts like these on an MS forum and see where it gets you.

Seriously, at least use a little tact, even if you aren't going to follow standard rules of the forum...

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    You are right, he has not supplied decent specs..

But I have the same problem, ist crashes very often.. But I had no time to narrow down the problem.. But I as soon as I am at home..

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    You obviously mean another EXTERNAL player?!

Which ones would work?
    Can I even specify Mediaplayer Classic? Or winamp?

I thought it uses WMP and one can not change this.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    What happens when i use an external player. Doe sit poop up lik eiam using a player outside MP ??

As i dont want that. I like how everything is internal as i want to sit on my lounge and use MP. I dont want to get up and switch players all the time. And have program keys for other players.

So horrible that. Just fix the internal player please :)

Or MCE here i come. Dont take that as a threat. Because from what i read the only theat id to me using mCE :p

Bye.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Becuase it is MP problem. All other extenral players i use can either play or just pass on all the Video files that MP can't play. THEY NEVER EVER EVER CRASH on any of the files MP crashes on.

So it is a MP problem for sure. Defending somthing like that is just putting your head in the sand/ Just fix it.

Bye.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    "Just fix it"...

What a great attitude. What you do't seem to understand is that you are using the product of someone elses volunteer work. If you were paying for a product, you may have justification to act this way (although you probably still would get very little assistance).
    If you want it fixed then learn how to code and do it yourself or pay someone who knows how to do it for you.

You have still given no useful information and yet you demand solutions.
    As has been said by others, you are an embarrasment to the rest of us Australians. If you don't change you attitude, please at the very least remove your country from your profile.

:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom