how about sharing a movie over the internet with a friend... (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

how about watching a movie over the internet with a friend or friends family member or a family members?.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm new here, but I can see legal headaches with this. For example, I subscribe to HBO here in the states and record the Sopranos. I share that via MP with my sister who is not a HBO subscriber. I doubt HBO would be happy. But again, I don't make those calls here :)

A

Anonymous

well i'm not a hbo subscriber i view channels i have over my anntna. but i do recored things off the tv still or off my vhs tap that is already recorded i would like it i can watch a movie over the internet with my brother he likes to watch movies withe me and cartoons and music videos. oh and my brother use too just share one vcr and we bothe watch tv on 2 differnet tvs may if Mp could make a specail program for those who don't have a tv turner that they just watch it over the inter net with them.

Morten

Portal Member
November 29, 2004
Norway
I can only speak for Norway, I'm pretty sure that private viewing does not include bradcasting on the internet.
-I know you only mention friends and family, but I have my doubts that it's legal....

Well, that's what I think :)

//Morten

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it would be very nice If I could have access to a friends / family members shared shares.

Meaning I could do a slideshow if pictures from his PC, or watch home movies etc etc.

I can see the use of this absolutely.
    And I am not worried about legal stuff, as home movies and pictures are not copyrighted.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    k, it has been built in.

Currently you can access a remote share.
    A remote share is an FTP server.
    This has been done so people can controll access, security, times people can access shares, bandwidth controll etc etc.

Once setup you can browse the FTP share as any other share.
    A file will have 3 states shown in colors.
    Red = file is on remote share
    Green = file is downloading
    white = file is local (downloaded)

In practise it goes like:
    Browse the share, you see a picture you wanna patch
    Press enter, you will be asked (probably optional) if you wanna download it.
    Say yes and the file will start downloading.
    State = green
    If you press enter again you will get a dialog stating it is downloading (futere can hold a progressbar to)
    when it is done it will turn white and you will be able to play it.

This is very very funny to use.

Users who are viewing this thread