How about video editing? (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everyone!

I just thought that it would be nice to edit my recordings so I activated the video editor plugin that comes with mp and figured out that it is not really usable. Some investigation (UsingMyVideo-Editor - MediaPortal Manual Documentation) showed that this plugins developement is abandonned.
OK, I tried to cut a video and it can't even go forward by one frame, that will make cutting out commercials a bit choppy.
And it con only convert dvr-ms to mpeg....hmm, I guess dvr-ms was the old tv video format, but now MP uses .ts files.

Now my question: Do y'all not edit your videos? Or is there another tool to do this.

PS: I think, that this video editor should either be redone or deleted and being delivered with MP any more.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Does nobody edit his or her videos? If I record a movie I don't want ot shift it to my movies with all that commercials in it? What do you all do with your videos?

PsyCrow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Hi MrCrabs

i use ProjectX to cut and demux my TS files and then use MKVmerge to mux them back together.

it works for me :)

PsyCrow

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do files need to be demuxed and again muxed together? Can't a tool just cut the stuff I don't want out and then convert it into a space saving format like MKV with h.264?
    That project X thing might be right, but I don`t have Java...do I realy need to install it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom