How can I deal with multi-part Blu-ray movies? (1 Viewer)

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
I came accross a Blu-ray movie (Rock) that was split into two dinstinct m2ts files.
As Moving Pictures only uses bdmv files (correct me if I'm wrong), I can't tell MediaPortal that I want it to play one file after the other (as I would do with a split mkv or avi movie).

Is there a way I can work around this behaviour?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well if you want to keep the complete bluray structure intact then it isn't possible (yet).
    However if that doesn't matter (or create a copy of the 2 files in question) the workaround is:

1) First make sure mediaportal has the m2ts extension in the video list
    2) Create a new folder in your watched folder, and call it "Rock (year) Bluray" or something.
    3) Copy the two m2ts files to the new folder.
    4) Rename the files to "rock part1.m2ts" and "rock part2.m2ts"
    5) Start the moving pictures importer and the movie should be added as a multipart.

Hope this helps.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    Thanks for your answer armandp. m2ts extensions are enable (as are .evo files) as I followed the following tutorial : Configuring Bluray and HDDVD playback - Moving Pictures

Concerning the following instructions, we're talking about (from what I remember) 2 15Go files (which makes it a 30 Go movie).

This can be a solution for one movie but as I have more than 200 Blu-ray and HD-DVD, it won't be a global solution.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We need to find a way to get the main movie files out of the folder then (maybe by reading the playlist), currently we only get the largest file.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I use ToNMT to rip my blu-rays to a single m2ts file.

So one of the utilities they use has the ability to figure out which m2ts files need to be linked together - maybe one option would be to look at how they do it (which third party tool they use?) and see if you can use that to get the m2ts playlist/main movie?

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    anything new?

juste 2 pieces of info :
    -BDInfo is able to find and decrypt playlists
    -being able to switch between playlists could be a cool feature (making it posible to sitch between regular and director's cut version, for example) and maybe a first step to making it possible to read full Blu-ray content

maybe, allowing people to ad m2ts files to the importer would be a first step.

Guess I found something: Utility: Bluray MPLS Editor - SageTV Community
    Using this tool (or the same method), you can find what playlists are actual movie playlist (by checking the number of chapter, their lengths, the duration of the playlist and so on)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi maxx_nantes

c'est cool :) but now it maybe go to implement this in Movpic :) but the team is busy so, i hope that they can look at when time comes better :)

Cheers,
    Seb.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    but now it maybe go to implement this in Movpic :) but the team is busy so, i hope that they can look at when time comes better :)

Cheers,
    Seb.

+1 for the implementation os this ;)

I'd LOVE to kick the external player out for BluRays.

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
    October 5, 2009
    Hi maxx_nantes

c'est cool :) but now it maybe go to implement this in Movpic :) but the team is busy so, i hope that they can look at when time comes better :)

Cheers,
    Seb.

yes man, indeed, c'est cool :)
    just giving a few leads on what would be, in my opinion, a major improvement for movingpictures. A new step to perfection (and we all know there aren't lots of steps left to achieve that goal)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom