How can I edit TV-Server's MS SQL Database? (1 Viewer)

basti1

Portal Member
August 24, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey,

I like to edit TV-Server's Database manually. Unfortunately I don't know how to open the database itself.

Thanks,
Basti

badger_fruit

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As far as I know, any 3rd party SQL editor should allow you to connect to the databases.
Depends on what DBs you're using (MySQL or MSSQL) to which tool you'd need to use; Google will find you a suitable tool for the different providers.

badger_fruit

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm using, as mentioned in the title, Microsoft SQL.

Thank you very much!

Whoops, MY SQL and MS SQL ... WHO NAMES THESE SQL SYSTEMS! They're all so alike lol!!
Well, perhaps the MY sql link will come in handy for those using it haha!

jvs

Portal Member
July 30, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
before I embark on this - what's the connection string (host\SQLEXPRESS)?? and what are the login credentials.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
Replies
Views
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
Replies
Views
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
Replies
Views
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom