How can i install a not supported TV Card with BDA Drivers ?

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by Mr.Wifi, August 26, 2008.

1. Mr.Wifi

Mr.Wifi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ all

My name is Ramón and iam using Mediaportal yet for my DVD,DIVX and Music Files and would like to integrate my Terratec Cinergy HT TV Card wich unfortunately is not supported by Mediaportal. It´s a Analog/Dvbt Hybrid Card.
    I heard somewhere that it is possible by editing some files and i was send to ask here in this forum for help.

The necessary BDA drivers are already installed and i´m looking forward to sort this problem with your help out :)

:D ´n Greetz from Düsseldorf

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Hi and welcome :)
    Do you need both analogue and DVB-T, or is DVB-T sufficient?
    Are you using TVServer? (If you don't know, see in Start -> TeamMediaPortal -> .... If TVServer is listed or not).

4. Mr.Wifi

Mr.Wifi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I have a quite good DVB-T Signal in my city so that i think that it´s sufficient. At the Moment TV Server is not listed cause i thought that i wouldn´t need it. I haven´t got a NAS or other WLan Component, my PC is still my all in one Mediacentral. In the Future i planned to buy a Beamer which will be Connected to my Graphic cards second DVI out, that´s all :)

Here is the relevant Hardware in use :

Mobo : Asus M2N 32 SLI Deluxe ( Nforce 590 )
    CPU : Athlon x2 4800 G2
    GPU : Nvidia 8800 GT
    Sound: Creative XFI Xtreme Music Dolby Digital live upgraded / Yamaha RXV 430RDS 5.1 AVR ( Connected Flexijack to Coax )
    TV : Terratec Cinergy HT PCI ( BDA Drivers )

Best regards :)

5. infinite.loop
    • Premium Supporter

infinite.loop Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,154 / 7
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Hybrit cards are just painful.
    99% of the time the analog part does not have a hardware mepg2 encoder, and in 99.9% of the time you can not use both tuners at the same time.

my advice is to stay away from these hybrit cards and better buy 2 cards with one tuner each and have fun with these decent cards. :)
    if you want to use your hybrid card, i would suggest to only use the dvb-t part, which works in tv-server out of the box.

6. infinite.loop
    • Premium Supporter

infinite.loop Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,154 / 7
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    it is a common missunderstanding that the "TV-Server" is only useful when you have multiple clients.
    this is just wrong. :)

the TV-Server is a new TV-Engine developed by us from scratch. we do not use the Microsoft StreamBufferEngine anymore in TV-Server.
    The possibility to use multiple clients in your LAN is just a Bonus Feature of the TV-Server. :)
    Especially for dvb you should use the TV-Server and not the outdated inbuild TV-Engine of MediaPortal.

In the Manual of the TV-Server you find out what the TV-Server does better then the old Engine.

7. Mr.Wifi

Mr.Wifi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi again

Thanx for the information, i´ve just reinstalled Mediaportal + TV Server but when i try to configure the TV Server it doesnt accept my "Mediaportal" Password wich was suggested at the installation :( ,i just used the 1 Click installation.

Edit : Rofl, the Password was MediaPortal, now i got green light....:)

Now starting Mediaportal it says that my version 6.5.1.900 of Psisdecd.ddl has too many bugs...:/ just a lil bit and i go to rehab....

Do i get this File doing a SP 3 update ? Ive got SP 3 on but didn´t updated for a while...

THX

8. Paranoid Delusion
    • Premium Supporter

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
  9. Mr.Wifi

Mr.Wifi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Best thanx for the link, my new Problem is that there are no DVBT Channels found while in the Terratec Software they are available, its def. not a Signal Problem ! What can i do now ?

Edit : after locking the Anaogue Mode there are 26 of 30 channels found, in my TV the status is that there is no data available !

Did i forgot something to do ?

Edit 2 : Rofl, i just forgot to turn the TV on, now it works fine :D

thx

Thanx for all M8´s who posted here, but i have 1 question left :

I´ve got the Terratec Remote Control, i didnt configure it but pressing Buttons MP reacts :confused:

Does that indicate that i can configure this Remote for MP ? How does it work ?

Most def. i will buy a Microsoft MCE Remote, are there different models ? Some remotes got a SB in the name like:

SB MS Remote Control IR für Win XP MCE dt., für Win XP MCE, IR-R

Does this model works fine under MP ? I´m just using XP Pro without MCE !

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!