How can I install latest version of OnlineVideos onto MP 1.0.2? (1 Viewer)

nadnad

Portal Member
August 5, 2008
Toronto
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have not been able to get MP 1.1.x to work correctly without consuming large amounts of memory on my HTPC. So I am sticking with the robustness and low memory footprint of MP 1.0.2. I am sure many others are still using MP 1.0.2 as well.

As the title say, I would like to install the latest version of Online Videos plugin on MP 1.0.2. Since the new plugin extension is not supported by MP 1.0.2, I was wondering if anyone has a list of manual steps to do to install this plugin successfully in MP 1.0.2.

Cheers

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: How can I install latest version of OnlineVideos onto MP 1.0.2?

You simply can't. The MediaPortal codebase has changed a lot since 1.02 so has the Plugin's code to stay compatible. There is no way the current binary with 1.02.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: How can I install latest version of OnlineVideos onto MP 1.0.2?

There is no reason in doing so, almost all sites would not work anyway, since they have chnaged.

nadnad

Portal Member
    August 5, 2008
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks again for your input on this offbyone.

If I were to try and test a manual method to install it on an older MP 1.0.2, what would be the steps needed, e.g.

0) install older OnlineVideos that works with MP102
    1) uncompress the latest plugin file using WinRAR/etc.
    2) over-write older site details xml files with the ones present in the latest plugin

or something along these lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As offbyone already said, most sites aren't going to work, and the only step that should get *some* results is step0. If you install a newer plugin (step1), it's not going to work because of incompatibilities between your mediaportal version and the plugin.
    Also step 2 has no use, because of incompatibilities between the new xml and the old plugin.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know which version is the last one that's supported by 1.0.2. That info used to be on the home-page of the plugin, but has been deleted.
    Maybe offbyone knows this? However I do have to stress my point that the old plugin will be 99% useless due to site-changes

nadnad

Portal Member
    August 5, 2008
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks doskabouter.

Yes I understand. I am willing to spend time to see if I can maintain and extract the site url details from the latest plugins xml and change them in the olf version to keep it running for MP 1.0.2. I can also share with the rest of the community for everyone still using MP 1.0.2. OnlineVideos is the best and one of the only plugin I install on the defacto MP, so I am willing to spend time to get this working for the community.

offbyone, can you please point me to the last OnlineVideos distribution for MP 1.0.2.

Cheers

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks doskabouter.

Yes I understand. I am willing to spend time to see if I can maintain and extract the site url details from the latest plugins xml and change them in the olf version to keep it running for MP 1.0.2. I can also share with the rest of the community for everyone still using MP 1.0.2. OnlineVideos is the best and one of the only plugin I install on the defacto MP, so I am willing to spend time to get this working for the community.

offbyone, can you please point me to the last OnlineVideos distribution for MP 1.0.2.

Cheers

Again, those sites still won't work if you use the new configuration parameters with the old plugin, because those are not compatible. But feel free to test that for yourself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom