How can I prevent guide updates to channels? (1 Viewer)

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TVServer version of the plugin........

I know this seems like a real backwards question, usually you WANT to get guide data for a channel, but I've got quite a few channels that I do NOT want guide data for. Either the guide data does not exist, or I do not have the channel in any lineup (yet).

However, when I run the zap2it plugin, it will automatically start assigning guide data to these particular channels and inevitably it is incorrect.

So, first I tried changing the "Grab EPG" value in the channels table to True for the channels that I wanted to NOT be automatically updated. That didn't work. When the plugin ran, it changed the value back to False and then inserted the #####.labs.zap2it.com into the "external ID" field (with real numbers and not just #####).

The next thing I'm going to try is placing 00000.labs.zap2it.com into the externalID. I'm guessing as long as there is SOMETHING in the external ID field that the plugin will not try to change it. I don't know if 00000 is a valid number for anything, but I'm hoping it is not. I'll let you know how it works out unless someone has a better idea???

Patrick or anyone else?

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
The next thing I'm going to try is placing 00000.labs.zap2it.com into the externalID. I'm guessing as long as there is SOMETHING in the external ID field that the plugin will not try to change it. I don't know if 00000 is a valid number for anything, but I'm hoping it is not. I'll let you know how it works out unless someone has a better idea???

Patrick or anyone else?

That should work.
You could also try just removing those channels from your zap2it lineup.

HTH,
patrick

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
Looks like it worked

For the channels that I did not want to receive guide data for, I changed the "Grab EPG" value in the channels table to True and changed the External ID to 00000.labs.zap2it.com and it seems to have worked. The plugin is no longer inserting some external ID number into the field. And, more importantly, it is not showing any data for the channels that I wished not to show guide data. I don't know what it is doing on the TMS servers, probably giving them a bunch of errors.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Glad it is working. It will not cause any errors on the TMS side.
The ID only links the data downloaded to the channels in MP.

HTH,
patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom