How can i select multiple Video Folders ? (1 Viewer)

Mr.Wifi

Portal Pro
August 26, 2008
Düsseldorf
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi

Until now i had all my Movies in one Folder wich i have selected in the Moviefolder config, now i bought another harddisk for more movies and i want to acess this folder as well beside the other one, unfortunately i can only check one or another in the MP config, would be very nice if somebody could explain what to do to select multiple folders to display them in MP.

:D

Mr.Wifi

Portal Pro
August 26, 2008
Düsseldorf
Home Country
Germany Germany
thx, did that before and tried it again, i can only select between one Folder or another, i can´t mark two folders in MP config, only one Folder and the subfolders get displayed then in MP. I need to select 2 main folders because my movies are not all on the same harddisk. Don´t want to go for a 2tb Harddisk to acess my whole movie collection, what im doing wrong ?

I clicked "add" and selected and named the folder, then when i want to select it in the video folders screen the mark jumps to the one i select and the other folder stays unselected, don´t understand that :(

royne

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Asker
Home Country
Norway Norway
When you brows movies in MP, you see all films for one folder. Navigate UPP on level, and you will se all folders you have added in the config. UPP is the first icon in the list off films.

/roynes

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are these all Films, then suggest scanning in to video database, once done, with MP running, change the view inside Video gui to Title, now every film that is in the database will show up, no need to go up a folder.

If you add new films, you can either rescan in MP config, or change view inside video gui back to shared, locate the file\files and imdb them from the context menu, once done, change back to title view.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same prob here. have my movies splitted over 2 disks. but i don't want to change folders. so the only possible way to see all the files is to add the move data and change the view?
    if the movie is not in the database, i will not see it? is that right?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if the movie is not in the database, i will not see it? is that right?

Yes, this also applies to MovingPictures as well, but there is nothing to stop you creating your own info for any missing internet data, but if you do, then it is most important to backup your video database found at either of these locations.

XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Vista = C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Look in the database folder, there's nothing to stop you backing up the whole database folder and thumbs, they are the 2 I do.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok thanks. another question.
    is it possible to edit information right in mediaportal without starting the configuration + using my keyboard to enter the data? I know that it's possible to refresh the data from a movie and also to search manually for the movie directly in mp. the problem with that method is that when I have to search manually i can't use my keyboard..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom