How do I autoscan channels? (1 Viewer)

cowpie

Portal Member
October 6, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,
I want to autoscan the channels again, in accordance with this plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=8278

The only way I can figure out how to do this is deleting mediaportal.xml and starting the first time run wizard again, but then the zap2it plugin doesn't work since it's not configured.

Is there another way to do it AFTER running the first time run wizard?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
You can autoscan for channels in the regular configuration. I believe it is under the properties for each individual TV card. (Also, this should probably be in a Support forum, not Talk).

cowpie

Portal Member
October 6, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks jawbroke, that seemed to work! NOw i just cannot for the life of me get the zap2it plugin to work still, even after autoscanning. :(

JeffK

October 9, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi guys,

I'm having the exact same problem... for the life of me, i can NOT find how to autotune/scan!

This shouldn't be this hard :( Here's what I see... You guys mention Configuration and properties of the tv card...

So I load the Setup program (which lists all sorts of things... General, DVD, Movies, Pictures, Television, etc...) and I goto Television.

From here I expand it and goto Capture Cards. My WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe card is listed here.

I see no 'properties'. I can edit it however (i'm guessing its the same)... So i click on edit (or double click the card). the first thing I get is an error saying 'Unable to create graph for this device'.

Once I say Ok to this, i get a screen with 3 tabs:
Capture Card
Audio mapping
Quality

On the capture card screen, there are check boxes that read:
Use this card for TV Viewing
Use this card for recording TV

Both of which are selected. My problem is, no where on either of these 3 tabs is anything even remotely like 'autoscan' or 'autotune'.

Am I missing a tab? Or am I in the wrong place?

I'm also trying the same zap2it plugin, and I have problems with that as well. Along with 3-4 other errors that this program generates, but i'll get to those in time :)

Cowpie, whats your error with zap2it?

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to getting this app setup! Seems like a ton of time has gone into it, and i can't wait to start appreciating it :)

Jeff

sonome

Portal Pro
June 26, 2005
Perth, Australia
Jeff

You're in the right place, however MP isn't recognising your card (hence the "Unable to create graph..." error.) That's why the autotune isn't visible. Work out getting your card recognised (try searching the forums), then the autotune option should appear.

JeffK

October 9, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks for the quick reply Sonome!

Hmm, thats kinda weird though, as when I did the install, I was able to scan the tv channels and it picked them up...

But I ended up stopped it mid way through, and then did a clear all so I could re-do it... I think i'm gonna un-install, and do a re-install and see if that helps.

Hopefully I'll have my new tv-tuner card soon anyways... Gonna ditch this Leadtek card as its ancient and has no hardward encoding/decoding on it at all... Gonna go with a H. PVR150 as those seems ultra common :)

I'll reply back here with my findings on the zap2it plugin

thanks again!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom