How do I control surround sound if I have stereo speakers?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by artisticcheese, June 2, 2009.

1. artisticcheese

artisticcheese Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I have 3 MediaPortals installations at home. And current one connected directly to TV and hence shall everything convert to stereo. I need to know how to increase volume of central channel in such configuraiton since I can not hear people voices (they are so low compared to surround sound coming through the same speakers).
    Shall be probably pretty easy fix somewhere but I can not figure out where.
    I use standard decoder coming with MediaPortal (MPC I beleive it's called) to decode sound.

Greg

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. e_razor

e_razor Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    As far as i know there is no center channel on 2.0 sound, if everything is set to stereo the sound should play correct. Have you looked under directshow filter control in mediaportal setup dialog?
    The options for the filter you are using for audio there.

Furthermore, sounds and audio devices in windows control panel, make sure under volume tab, advanced button that your sound is set up for stereo speakers and not something else. Many soundcards have their own control panels with some settings for speaker configuration aswell. Make sure you set 2.0/stereo or whatever is applicable in the setting dialogs.

4. artisticcheese

artisticcheese Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes thanks I fixed it by choosing ffdshow as audio processor and setting 2.0 in config there as output, it imeddiately put center speaker back in line. MPC-audio was not doing it even when config stated to output as stereo.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!