How do I control surround sound if I have stereo speakers? (1 Viewer)

artisticcheese

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Hi,

I have 3 MediaPortals installations at home. And current one connected directly to TV and hence shall everything convert to stereo. I need to know how to increase volume of central channel in such configuraiton since I can not hear people voices (they are so low compared to surround sound coming through the same speakers).
Shall be probably pretty easy fix somewhere but I can not figure out where.
I use standard decoder coming with MediaPortal (MPC I beleive it's called) to decode sound.

Greg

e_razor

Portal Member
July 21, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
As far as i know there is no center channel on 2.0 sound, if everything is set to stereo the sound should play correct. Have you looked under directshow filter control in mediaportal setup dialog?
The options for the filter you are using for audio there.

Furthermore, sounds and audio devices in windows control panel, make sure under volume tab, advanced button that your sound is set up for stereo speakers and not something else. Many soundcards have their own control panels with some settings for speaker configuration aswell. Make sure you set 2.0/stereo or whatever is applicable in the setting dialogs.

artisticcheese

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Yes thanks I fixed it by choosing ffdshow as audio processor and setting 2.0 in config there as output, it imeddiately put center speaker back in line. MPC-audio was not doing it even when config stated to output as stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom