How do I convert DVD's to divx??? (1 Viewer)

takingover

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a "Numpty" and been looking for a simple solution and not been able to find one. I have a selection of DVD's and instead of having to change them over each time, I wanted to convert the DVD's to Divx files so I can store them on my HDD.

I was wondering if anybody new a good program for this or a good How To doc as I've found a few but they never seem to work that well.

Any sugguestions would be great, Thanks

Jayson

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Jayson

Tried Divx, Xvid, But now hooked on Nero recode for MP4 files, typical size 700mb for a 2 hour film and GREAT picture quality.

Unless seen you do not know.

8)

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    DVD Decrypter (.IFO read, and choose the video you want to keep (if its a movie its the biggest one), then use AutoGK to transcode it to xvid or divx.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    I use Fair Use Wizard. It will encode to Divx, Xvid or h264 and you can put them in OGM, AVI or MKV containers.

Nero recode is limited becasue if you encode to MP4 with h264 you can't put the AC3 stream in there. With fairuse you can encode to MKV which will handle an h264 and the AC3.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Home Country
    I use DVD Fab Decrypter to rip the full DVD to my hard drive and then use Auto GK to batch process multiple movies to xvid. The best part about it is that you can set it up to do multiple movies and then shut down when it is complete so you can start it whenever you are going to be gone for a while.

Manbearpig77

Portal Member
    August 7, 2006
    England
    Commodore 64 said:
    I use Fair Use Wizard. It will encode to Divx, Xvid or h264 and you can put them in OGM, AVI or MKV containers.

Nero recode is limited becasue if you encode to MP4 with h264 you can't put the AC3 stream in there. With fairuse you can encode to MKV which will handle an h264 and the AC3.

I got fairwizard thanks to you're post. I must say its excellent, best encoder software I've used. If you use it with DivX 6 you get superb quality. I converted a 45minute show to 300meg and a 90 minute show to 600meg, both have almost DVD quality the same as the origional DVD.

Highly recommended !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom