How do I get a Logitech Rumblepad to work? (2 Viewers)

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
HDD: WD 320gb + WD 500gb
Memory: 895mb
Motherboard: MS-7207PV (MSI) K8NGM2
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge
1. TV Card Type: PVR-150MCE
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24054
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV: Hitachi PJ-TX100
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I've got a Logitech wireless Rumblepad & am trying to get it to work with Mame in myEmulators, but I have no idea where to begin.
Using my keyboard, I can launch & exit games, but the gamepad does nothing. Is it even possible to use a gamepad to play games in MediaPortal? Do I have to do something special outside of MediaPortal to get it to work?
I want to get N64, NES, Sega and Mame running. If I can get Mame to work, I hope to be able to get the others working.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
if you want to use the rumblepad in the emulators, then yes, you'll need to first setup the individual emulators to use the gamepad outside of mp. the process to do this varies with the emulator, but mostly it's not too much work.

then, if you want to use the gamepad to control mp (and select games, etc), you need to make sure it's enabled in the directinput section in the mp config program. can't remember exactly what the option is called but you shouldn't have much problem finding it :)

btw, there's quite a few of us happily using rumblepads with mp&emulators on these forums, so if you've got more questions - just ask! :D

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
Okay, I got it working with Mame, but I have a few questions, so I'll post them in the myEmulators thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom